Assistant/Associate Professor and Chair in Finance
The Hampton University Department of Accounting, Banking, and Finance invites nominations and applications for Chair at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor in Finance beginning August 20, 2018.
Founded in 1868, Hampton University is a leading historically black university (HBCU) located on the Virginia Peninsula in the City of Hampton. It is a privately endowed, co-educational, nonsectarian institution. The Department of Accounting, Banking, and Finance prepares students for careers in a global market and for graduate study. The department achieves its mission through curricula structured to enable students to comprehend, analyze and critically assess an entity’s financial condition and optimize its value with a commitment to ethical values and social responsibility.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach undergraduate and graduate Finance courses
- Provide instruction based on course description, and outlines, and course description and meet classes as scheduled and maintain accurate academic records
- Assess student performance and remain current with content, technology, and teaching and learning strategies in the discipline
- Collaborate with colleagues to review and revise curriculum, course development, teaching materials and teaching methods to promote student success and lifelong learning
- Provide service to the university and attend meetings/events as required by the University, the School, and the Department
- Serve and function as an academic advisor
- Participate in faculty development and evaluation
- Work closely with the School Dean to create a space for collaboration with local and national entities to support the program goals and engage in fundraising
- Maintain academic standards and professional ethics
- Identify and implement recruitment strategies to increase enrollment in the department
- Demonstrate the capacity of high quality research and grant writing
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Dean of the School of Business
*Hampton University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All candidates should have earned a Ph.D. in Finance or closely related field with at least 18 graduate semester hours in Finance from an accredited university. Candidates will be considered with a minimum of two years of college-level teaching. Work experience will also be considered.
How to Apply
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the positions are filled.
Applicants should submit a Hampton University Application for Employment for faculty, a letter outlining the candidate's commitment to teaching, professional and scholarly work; a curriculum vitae, and three letters of recommendation on company letterhead.
Applications may be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
Dr. Ziette Hayes
119 Buckman Hall
Hampton, VA 23668
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Hampton University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com