Senior Information Technology Analyst
West Valley-Mission Community College District
Closing Date: 6/18/2018
The Department of Instructional Technology is seeking a talented individual to fill the position of Senior Information Technology Analyst.
West Valley College, though just minutes from the heart of the Silicon Valley, is in a beautiful park-like setting on 143 wooded acres. Our staff and faculty are among the most qualified in the state and our students appreciate the college for its friendly staff and supportive atmosphere.
This position will lead the college in setting standards for planning and design of audio-visual systems, streaming media/lecture capture, and general instructional technology services for all college facilities including classrooms, event spaces, new construction and renovations. This position will manage projects with architects, contractors, consultants, vendors, as well as college programs and services to ensure that the infrastructure for these technologies is adequate and complies with college standards. Additionally, this position will supervise a team of technicians and support staff assigned to classroom technology, audio-visual operations, and general instructional technology.
Applicants who possess the knowledge, skills, and life experiences to address the cultural and educational needs of a culturally diverse student population are encouraged to apply.
100% of full time, 37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year, with anticipated start date of August 13, 2018. Schedule may change to include some evening or weekend hours, as needed. This position is a member of the West Valley-Mission Classified Employees Association (WVMCEA), Office, Technical & Business Services Employee Unit.
Work Location: West Valley College, Saratoga, CA
Salary and Benefits:
Anticipated Hiring Range:
- $8153 – 8946 monthly (WVMCEA Salary Schedule, Range 84, Steps A-C).
- Employer-contributed medical, dental and vision for employee, spouse, and/or dependents.
- Employer-paid long term disability for employee.
- Voluntary life insurance.
- 13 paid holidays, plus 1 floating holiday annually; paid non-workdays between Christmas and New Year.
- 10 days vacation leave accrued annually; rate increases step-wise up to maximum 22 days vacation leave accrued annually.
- 12 days sick leave accrued annually.
- Personal necessity leave and personal business leave.
- Educational growth incentive program from $40 to $200 monthly.
- $500 longevity award annually after 10 years of service and $1,000 longevity award annually after 15 years of service.
- CalPERS retirement.
- Position is union affiliated with required dues.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plan, prioritize and review the work of staff assigned to a variety of technology systems.
- Develop schedules and methods to accomplish assignments ensuring work is completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Participate in evaluating the activities of staff, recommending improvements and modifications.
- Provide and coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies.
- Determine requirements, design, build, test, implement, maintain and enhance complex technology and business systems related to area of assignment.
- Research available solutions and procure technology related equipment or services; research specifications and costs; research and prepare technical and administrative reports.
- Develop and implement comprehensive test plans to ensure that systems and programs are tested and debugged.
- Determine proper installation parameters for software and hardware, for smooth integration, transition and efficiency.
- Analyze, detect, identify and correct complex technical problems and deficiencies; integrate complex systems for inter-operability over multiple platforms and technologies.
- Act as liaison between vendors, technical support and departments to resolve complex problems related to area of assignment.
- Participate on committees; answer questions and provide expertise related to area of assignment.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other district employees and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Foster an environment that embraces diversity, integrity, trust and respect.
- Be an integral team player, which involves flexibility, cooperation and communication.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
1. Understanding of, and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in information technology or a related field.
- Two years of responsible journey experience similar to Information Technology Analyst with the West Valley-Mission Community College District.
Information and Application Process Instructions
- For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741–2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the West Valley-Mission Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...