Dean, Student Success-Educational Partnerships
Dallas County Community College District
Job no: 496812
Work type: Full-time
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00 (Some nights and weekends)
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$83,000.00 - $95,450.00 (dependent on experience and other considerations)
Hourly Rate (Part-Time)
$39.90 per hour
Performs administrative and supervisory work in planning, coordinating and directing the functions of departments related to selected student support services. Specific assignments vary to meet location needs, but may include such departments as: Rising Star Program and other retention-centered cohort based programs, Academic Advising including advisement services for ESL/ESOL students, and distant learners, Texas Success Initiative, Disability Services, and other departments/programs that may be assigned. Work includes budget development and control; program development and evaluation; and interpretation and implementation of policies and procedures.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Ability to utilize computer technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports and communicate with others. Oral and written communication skills to support a wide variety of interaction with varying levels of DCCCD staff, students, other educators/administrators and the general public from diverse backgrounds. Strong knowledge and experience providing effective customer service.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
Master’s degree in related field plus three (3) years of related work experience and supervisory experience in student personnel, counseling, student success, career services, and/or judicial services, etc. Success in leading within an environment with a diverse student population. Success in working with traditionally under-represented students.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Experience in a community college and/or K12 sector is highly desirable.
- Classroom teaching experience, instructional administration and/or program planning with a record of increasingly broad responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with strategic planning and assessment of program outcomes
- History of collaboration working with K12 partners
- Demonstrated knowledge of and success in college administration.
- A broad knowledge of student service functions.
- Knowledge of program and curriculum development and innovative teaching methods.
- In-depth knowledge of advising procedures/policies/mandates.
- In-depth knowledge of admissions, assessment, and class placement requirements.
- Knowledge of planning and budgeting.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain positive and effective working relationships with District employees, faculty, students, parents, and the public.
- Ability to organize and direct major work operations.
- Effective managerial skills pertaining to personnel, budgets, and projects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to include the ability to cause understanding, motivation, development, and persuasion of others.
- Ability to work as a team member, in consensus building, and in integrated work groups.
- Ability to commit to a one stop student service atmosphere for dual enrolled students.
- Must have initiative, innovation, self-motivation, and the ability to focus on quality and continuous improvement.
Official transcripts will be required. ***Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check.***
Information and Application Process Instructions
To Apply Visit:http://opportunities.dcccd.edu/cw/en-us/listing/
The seven independently accredited colleges of the Dallas County Community College District are part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Dallas County Community College District complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act. If you require special accommodations in order to apply for a position, please contact Cynthia Brown, District Human Resources Office, at 214-378-1501.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the Dallas County Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...