Director of Financial Aid
Baltimore City Community College
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The Collegeís campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Overview of position: Summary of positionís responsibilities:
- Responsible for all operations of Student Financial Assistance and Education including budget, program direction, policy and procedure implementation, training, metrics reporting, and overall effectiveness of Student Financial Assistance and Employment;
- Devise and implement packaging policies and procedures for awarding institutional aid and interpret and implement federal and state regulations pertaining to compliance;
- Direct the analysis of students' need and consult with and train staff to resolve need-analysis issues;
- Responsible for ensuring the institution is in compliance with regulations related to federal and state financial aid programs;
- Assist with audit preparation and provide information to the auditors as requested;
- Assist leadership with completion of all Federal Reports -
- Fiscal Operation Report and Application to Participate in Federal Programs (FISAP), Eligibility and Certification Report (ECAR), Gainful Employment, etc.
- Direct and allocate institutional scholarship budgets, loan portfolio, and student appeals;
- Coordinate disbursement issues with Student Accounting and other University offices; Oversee staff in guiding students and families through all stages of financial awards via interpersonal counseling, publications, workshops, and correspondence with a keen eye towards constituent service;
- Select, train, supervise, and evaluate all staff, with responsibility for meeting all communication, and state and federal compliance goals;
- Develop and coordinate programming and advising tools related to financial aid and financing options, including Open House and orientation sessions, entrance and exit counseling, and financial management workshops.
Education:† Bachelorís Degree in Finance, Accounting, Education, Student Services or related field;
Experience: Five (5) years of higher education experience;
Five (5) years progressively responsible experience in a supervisory capacity with leadership responsibilities
Education:† Masterís Degree in Finance, Accounting, Education, Student Services or related field;
Experience: Ten (10) years of experience overseeing a Financial Aid Office in an academic environment;
At least five (5) years of direct experience in a student information management system such as Regent;
Experience working in a diverse, multicultural environment.
Information and Application Process Instructions
Why Work at BCCC?
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a crossroads of diverse peoples, of learning and work, and the multiplicity of stakeholders we serve: individuals, businesses, government and educational institutions of the community at large.
Our employees enjoy a collegial environment that is both challenging and welcoming. We stay innovative as we strive to be the leader in providing quality education that responds to and meets the needs of a diverse population of learners. Students come here to change their lives through education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Applications: Please apply online.
Explore this and other current employment opportunities at BCCC by visiting the search openings listed at Baltimore City Community College jobs
When inquiring or applying for this position, please reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...