Director of Admissions
Baltimore City Community College
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Overview of position: Summary of position’s responsibilities:
- Manages the daily operations of the areas within the Admissions, Recruitment, and Veteran Affairs,
- Determines the rational, justification and selection of electronic solutions and systems to support departmental responsibilities;
- Manages the departmental budgets for the areas of responsibility;
- Maintains high standards of customer services and develops a system of staff accountability;
- Evaluates staff performance according to institutional requirements;
- Develops, implements and coordinates all programs including the selection, hiring, training, and supervision of staff;
- Develops and implements documentation and reporting of recruitment and admissions activities;
- Works with the Dean of Enrollment management, analyzes and reports recruitment and admissions data and identifies trends;
- Works collaboratively with the Dean of Enrollment Management and other directors to develop and execute enrollment strategies;
- Develops, implements and supports and effective orientation program for new students;
- Plans and coordinates on-campus programs for prospective students and early intervention efforts with middle and high school students;
- Maintains liaison with national, regional, state and local organizations promoting educational evaluation and assessment/placement;
- Represents the college on school district committees and councils as appropriate, and work collaboratively with instruction on joint college and school district evaluation and assessment/placement activities;
- Works closely with various units to plan outreach activities and provide accommodations for student with special needs as appropriate;
- Oversees staff hiring, training, professional development, and performance management processes;
- Serves on committees and cross-functional teams as appropriate;
- Provides accommodations, as prescribed, for students with special needs;
- Updates knowledge and skills by attending workshops, conferences, meetings, maintaining appropriate memberships and other professional development opportunities;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Psychology, Education, Student Services or related field;
- Seven (7) of higher education experience;
- (5) Years progressively responsible experience in a supervisory capacity with leadership experience in promoting collaborative decision-making processes;
- Demonstrated success in working with diverse populations.
- Incumbent must have exceptionally strong communication and counseling skills to interact effectively with students, parents, faculty, administrators and others in the academic, corporate and foundation communities;
Ten (10) years of experience overseeing a Financial Aid Office in an academic environment;
At least five (5) years of direct experience in a student information management system such as Regent;
Experience working in a diverse, multicultural environment.
Information and Application Process Instructions
Why Work at BCCC?
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a crossroads of diverse peoples, of learning and work, and the multiplicity of stakeholders we serve: individuals, businesses, government and educational institutions of the community at large.
Our employees enjoy a collegial environment that is both challenging and welcoming. We stay innovative as we strive to be the leader in providing quality education that responds to and meets the needs of a diverse population of learners. Students come here to change their lives through education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Applications: Please apply online.
Explore this and other current employment opportunities at BCCC by visiting the search openings listed at Baltimore City Community College jobs
When inquiring or applying for this position, please reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...