190244 Manager, ETL Development and Systems Integration
Manager, ETL Development and Systems Integration
(Job Code 190244)
Information Technology Services
Clark University’s Information Technology Services department seeks to fill the position of Manager, ETL Development and Systems Integration. Reporting to the Director, Enterprise Applications, the successful candidate will be responsible for design, construction, support, and documentation of data flow across numerous enterprise applications including data warehousing, data marts and operational data stores.
This position will work with business/data analysts to define departmental requirements, and build data/entity relationship models to support ETL procedure development and reporting solutions. The successful candidate will serve as a technical advisor to staff and other IT personnel on other data architecture/reporting needs as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with other senior IT staff to define data standards and models for operational data stores, data marts and data warehousing; develop conceptual, logical and physical data models to meet requirements and strategies; oversee and assist with the development of models across Clark to ensure adherence to sound data management principles and where possible, the reuse of data.
- Design, develop and implement Extract, Transformation and Load (ETL/ELT) standards, rules, and processes.
- Coordinate new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing data/metadata support structures; review business requests for data and data usage; research data sources for new and better data feeds and interfaces; assist in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of how Clark’s enterprise applications, databases, data interfaces and core business processes interact with one another and the end user experience with particular emphasis on the design of the data stored by information systems, concentrating on entities, their attributes, and their inter-relationships.
- Provide technical leadership; implement/support enterprise system integrations and application development work; provide expert advice and hands-on assistance to analysts/programmers for integration and custom application development efforts.
- Provide management, guidance and professional development to staff to ensure placement of skills necessary to build a first-rate, customer-service, driven operation; manage staff development, training and performance.
- Optimize information management approaches and data integration processes through an understanding of evolving business needs and technology capabilities; ensure approaches and processes do not duplicate functionality or diverge from each other and business/IT strategies.
- Proactively coordinate with other departments (internal and external to IT) to ensure clear communication of enterprise design approaches, workflow and data standards, and reporting/BI requirements; review documentation developed by other departments to ensure adherence to data standards and consistency of information to analysts and developers; modify documentation and training materials as necessary.
- Review new features and other changes related to data intensive systems and support technical staff in the resolution of issues relevant to reporting, programming, and performance.
- Monitor data technology trends and standards, and develop communications that outline impact to the enterprise.
- Other duties as needed by the department and defined by the supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline plus 5 years of relevant experience required. An advanced degree in a technical discipline, and relevant certifications, such as Oracle Certified DBA or SQL Server DBA, is preferred. Comparable success and work experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirements.
- Demonstrated domain knowledge in at least one of the following areas, and working knowledge in the others: Oracle database technologies, Master Data Management (MDM), Business Intelligence (BI), data warehousing, IT system integration and enterprise information integration.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze inter-relationships between various domains of enterprise information including master data, metadata, operational data, unstructured data and analytical data.
- 1-3 years’ experience supervising technical staff preferred
- Experience with ETL processes/tools, APIs and reporting tools required; technical programming skills (including SQL, PL/SQL, JAVA, HTML, XML. .NET) preferred;
- Additional experience with Oracle development and reporting/business intelligence tools preferred;
- Working knowledge of our primary administrative application (Ellucian Banner), transactional reporting system (Argos) and operational data store/ warehouse technologies desired, but not required.
- Proven experience understanding and translating university business needs into a comprehensive, cohesive data architecture that meets functional and non-functional requirements.
- Demonstrated passion for problem solving; collaboration, and excellent project and portfolio management experience with the ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Must possess a high degree of integrity relative to computer security and confidentiality of information.
- Ability to see how various parts interact with the whole (big picture thinking) as well as engage with projects at the micro level when necessary.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications and consultative customer service skills. Team player with excellent consulting skills and a fun, but professional presence required.
- Knowledge of IT governance and operations.
- Ability to work nights and weekends on an as-needed basis
Information and Application Process Instructions
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week, 12 month position with excellent benefits, which include employee and family tuition benefits, 4 weeks’ vacation, generous retirement plan, free use of campus fitness center and many more.
Review of applications will begin June 4, 2018. Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience.
Please email résumé and cover letter to
Applicants must reference Job code 190244 in the subject line to be considered for this position.
Clark University embraces equal opportunity and affirmative action as core values: we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. This commitment applies to every aspect of education, services, and employment policies and practices at Clark. Our commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. All positions at Clark share in the responsibility for building a community that values diversity and the uniqueness of others by exhibiting integrity and respect in interacting with all members of the Clark community to create an atmosphere of fairness and belonging. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, inclusive of all women, to apply.
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Send your resume for this job...
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...