Anne Arundel Community College
Position Summary: The Instructional Coordinator for English Language Learning and Adult Education is responsible for overseeing the adjunct faculty hiring process and instructional contract oversight; syllabi development and maintenance; organizing and maintaining student performance assessment and testing documents; organizing and ordering course materials; developing and implementing course schedules, and managing course enrollment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the adjunct faculty hiring process to include: advertising, interviewing, insuring hiring paperwork is in order, and communicating with the Instructional Support Center (ISC) regarding faculty contracts for ABE, ESL and EBS instructors
- Insure a syllabus is published for every class, complete with learning objectives and outcomes. Maintain up to date syllabi in an electronic or hard copy file that is easily accessible.
- Organize student files to include relevant testing information and documented performance assessment tasks.
- Order books, supplies and related instructional materials. Maintain an inventory of instructional resource items.
- Plan and implement Instructional material distribution to and collection from adjunct faculty
- Work with the Program Manager(s) to develop class schedules for each fiscal year and submit the appropriate paperwork to the Office of Records and Registration and the ISC, as required.
- Work with the appropriate College offices to secure classrooms.
- Work with the Program Manager(s) to manage enrollment. Report on enrollment, FTE and headcount, as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Manager (s), Director or Assistant Dean.
Bachelor’s degree in Education or a related field, required
Minimum three years’ experience in staff and/or faculty administration in a post-secondary, university or community college setting, required.
Minimum three years’ experience scheduling multiple training or educational events for adult learners, required
Proficient level or above in computer word processing and spreadsheets, required
Ability to work flexible hours and locations, including some weekends and evenings, required
Experience with Colleague or similar system, preferred.
Bilingual English/Spanish speaker, preferred.
Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse, multicultural populations and ability to work effectively and tactfully with students, instructors, staff, community representatives, government agencies and the public.
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evening and weekend hours and to travel throughout Anne Arundel County to off-campus instructional sites and to represent the program as needed.
Hours Per Week: 40
Work Schedule: M - F, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
For more information or to apply, please visit https://aacc.hiretouch.com
Anne Arundel Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Anne Arundel Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com