IT Tech Support Specialist I
Baltimore City Community College
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
- Exhibit exceptional customer services skills
- Respond to clients requests for service in a timely manner, research issues and resolve each interaction with customer satisfaction.
- Escalate incidents to third level support (Systems/Network Administrators) when appropriate and follow-up in a timely manner.
- Enter solutions for all service tickets into the helpdesk software application for inclusion in the knowledgebase.
- Install/modify computer workstations’ hardware and software, including connecting hardware to the network, installing software, transferring data and testing.
- Perform routine upgrades on computer workstations, software and associated peripherals.
- Coordinate hardware and software repairs with vendors, as needed.
- Assist users with more difficult and time-consuming problems on various types of technology hardware, computer system procedures, computer software, and telecommunications equipment.
- Help maintain accurate hardware and software inventories.
- Develop and test PC-based applications.
- Research virus, Trojan and worm issues and report findings to the supervisor.
- Research and evaluate solutions for hardware, software, and data security.
- Provide feedback to management on ways to increase efficiency, reduce cost, and improve services.
- Review and recommend revisions to IT policy and procedures.
- Setup and troubleshoot mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets, etc.
- An Associate Degree in information technology-related discipline or a minimum of 5 years of experience working in Tier II or Tier II helpdesk support;
- Excellent communications – oral and written;
- Five (5) years network knowledge and experience with IP addressing, domains, work groups, active director, and permissions;
- Five (5) years advance computer skills;
- Five (5) years of experience using software applications, such as Remote Desktop, Windows Operating Systems, Helpdesk Software, Microsoft Office Suite with exceptional skills in Excel and PowerPoint; Computer and Network utilities and tools, Internet, Malware, Anti-Virus, Desktop Imaging Software, etc.;
- Five (5) years of computer and network troubleshooting experience.
- Five (5) years of Sys Prep experience and image creation and deployment
A Bachelor’s degree in any information technology-related discipline; or 8 years’ experience working as in the capacity of Helpdesk Tier II or Tier III;
Three (3) ITIL knowledge and experience;
Time Management and Data Reporting;
Image creation and deployment for desktops
Eight (8) years using Sys Prep knowledge and experience to create standardized images;
Remote Control Applications;
Virtual Desktop setup and configuration;
Mac OS knowledge, experience, troubleshooting, and configuration on networks;
Active directory, DNS, DHCP, HTTPS, SFTP, and TCPIP;
WSUS and patch management experience;
Cloud-base application management.
Information and Application Process Instructions
Why Work at BCCC?
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a crossroads of diverse peoples, of learning and work, and the multiplicity of stakeholders we serve: individuals, businesses, government and educational institutions of the community at large.
Our employees enjoy a collegial environment that is both challenging and welcoming. We stay innovative as we strive to be the leader in providing quality education that responds to and meets the needs of a diverse population of learners. Students come here to change their lives through education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Applications: Please apply online.
Explore this and other current employment opportunities at BCCC by visiting the search openings listed at Baltimore City Community College jobs
When inquiring or applying for this position, please reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...