Lecturer - African American Studies and Ethnic Studies
Northern Arizona University, Ethnic Studies Program
Full-time Lecturer to teach undergraduate courses focusing on African American Studies and Ethnic Studies. This is a non-tenure eligible full-time faculty position focused on our undergraduate liberal studies program and Ethnic Studies.
The successful candidate will collaborate with other program faculty to promote student achievement and other goals of the Ethnic Studies Program.
The position includes a 4/4 teaching load with some flexibility to meet other program needs.
Ph.D. or doctorate degree in Ethnic Studies, African American Studies, or a related field with a focus on African American Studies completed by the date of hire. Teaching experience in higher education is required.
We prefer candidates whose application portfolios include the following:
- Demonstrated evidence of teaching excellence and quality teaching materials (through sample syllabi, student opinion surveys, and teaching statements) in one or more of the following areas: Introduction to African American Studies; Race, Identity and Film; Black Cinema; Hip Hop/Music; Introduction to Ethnic Studies.
- Evidence of success in working with underrepresented racial and ethnic minority students.
- Evidence of service and engagement working with African American communities and organizations.
- Evidence of service and engagement related to promoting Ethnic Studies in local, national, or international contexts.
- Evidence of scholarly research in an area of African American Studies and/or Ethnic Studies.
How to Apply:
To APPLY for this position, follow the 'Faculty and Administrator Openings' links: https://nau.edu/human-resources/careers/faculty-and-administrator-openings/, locate vacancy 603719, create a NEW USER account, and then "Apply" at the bottom of the new page.
Application must include an attachment that contains: (1) a cover letter describing your teaching interests including your relevant experience for the position; (2) sample syllabi; (3) a curriculum vitae; (4) a statement of teaching philosophy; (5) teaching evaluations; (6) unofficial academic transcripts; (7) writing or publication sample; and (8) names and contact information for three references. Save all items, in the order stated, as a single PDF or Word document.
If you have problems submitting application attachments in the form of a Word or PDF document please contact the Human Resources Department for assistance: 928-523-2223.
If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available online at http://hr.nau.edu or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets: 411 S. Beaver St., Flagstaff, AZ 86011.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Northern Arizona University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com