Graduate Admissions Counselor
General Statement of Duties
Responsible for the recruitment of prospective students for the academic graduate programs and certificates, represents the college at local, regional and Canadian recruitment programs, the evaluation and processing of inquiries and applicants, and implementation of procedures related to the graduate admissions office. Fulfills related duties as assigned by the Director of Graduate Admissions.
Distinguishing Features of the Class
Under the supervision and reporting to the Director of Graduate Admissions, this position is responsible for working closely with incoming students to assist them with their specific needs. They work with students from the inquiry stage through the applicant and acceptance stage, and work to help drive students to enroll in designated programs of recruitment. Develop corporate and educational partnerships with local businesses. Also serves as representative of college in recruitment events.
Examples of Duties
- Interviews and counsels prospective students
- Maintains regular communication (telephone/email) with all prospective students and applicants
- Answers inquiries regarding admission standards, policies, programs, and general information regarding the college
- Extensive recruiting travel to graduate fairs and local businesses.
- Phone contacts with prospective students
- Counsels students regarding eligibility for financial aid
- Compiles statistics regarding collateral assignments
- Involvement in continuous telemarketing efforts
- Produces interviews, visits, and applications from inquiry base
- Evening and weekend hours required
- Coordinate and execute WNY business outreach to increase program awareness along with drive applications for programs responsible for.
- Develop strategic business partnerships to increase recruitment opportunities among assigned programs
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Possess strong organizational and communication skills along with persuasive public speaking skills
- Proficiency with current computer (MS Office) applications including Outlook, Excel, and Access. Experience with Ellucian Recruiter, Ellucian Colleague, Microsoft Dynamics CRM or other comparable CRM systems is highly desired.
- Ability to identify and recruit students who are desirable enrollees for the college
- Ability to represent and promote the college in a competitive market
- Strong attention to detail
- Possess positive interpersonal skills as well as a sincere interest in student well-being and success
- A sincere interest in the individual student
- Self-motivated with appropriate energy level
- Committed to meeting all office goals and objectives as established by the director
- Exhibit initiative, resourcefulness, and problem-resolution skills
- Able to exercise sound judgment, tact, courtesy, and dependability
- Possess a valid driver's license, a reliable car, and a willingness to travel (including Canada), enhanced license or passport
Acceptable Training and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required, master's preferred
- Background in higher education enrollment/ admissions. Counseling, public relations, marketing, communications, sales, and/or management helpful and acceptable.
- WNY business outreach coordination
- D'Youville community representative
- Publications development
Additional information about D’Youville College can be found at www.dyc.edu.
D’Youville College is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence in education and employment through diversity. The College embraces diversity and defines it to include race, gender, national origin, ethnicity, religion, social class, age, sexual orientation, and physical and learning ability. D’Youville College is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding faculty and staff from racial and ethnic groups that have been traditionally underrepresented in higher education.
In an effort to accurately represent D’Youville’s student population, candidates of racial and/or ethnic minority backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at D'Youville College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com