Community College of Allegheny County
Position Title: Director, Technical Services (Reg FT)
Department: Information Technology Svcs
Campus: Office of College Services
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than May 4, 2018. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
Work Hours (for hourly positions):
Salary Grade: Admin 18 - min. $76,955
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 5812
Job Open Date: 4/20/2018
Job Close Date:
- Responsible for the full employee life cycle for employees who report to this position.
- Directs administrative system planning/architecture, analysis and programming for the administrative computing and associated systems.
- Leads or coordinates the analysis, design, and programming for the Enterprise Application portfolio and other third party and custom databases and software.
- Coordinates quality assurance for all new and current Enterprise Applications, processes, and databases.
- Assists the CIO in formulating policies and procedures for this area.
- Oversees Enterprise Applications standards and procedures.
- Assigns projects or approved programming services requests to programming/analyst personnel.
- Acts as a project leader for assigned projects. This includes typical software development lifecycle phases such as: requirements gathering, coding, testing, documentation, program implementation and user acceptance.
- Performs analysis and consults with clients to determine feasibility, desired results, and the method to be used to accomplish the objective.
- Prepares high level design specifications and guidelines from which programs can be written.
- Evaluates current processes and recommends solutions that can streamline and provide efficiencies in cost and process time.
- Provides planning; strategic and tactical support for the Enterprise Applications, related sub-systems and 3rd party products.
- Mentors and develops staff members. Serves as an expert resource when needed.
- Ensures Enterprise Application security is appropriate.
- Oversees installation and manages integration between Enterprise Applications and other related systems.
- Provides oversight and planning for the annual business recovery rehearsal, disaster recovery and business continuity planning.
- Develops and implements complete project schedules to ensure required dates are met.
- Manages and directs staff and vendors implementing and supporting the network and telephone solutions at CCAC.
- Architects and documents network architecture for network additions and changes to support new business and technical requirements and new versions of equipment and software. Oversees the physical fiber and copper network plants at CCAC.
- Participates in leader, team and customer/client meetings to understand organizational priorities and principles and share information and direction for the network.
- Manages the capital, contracts and personnel budgets for projects and operations relating to the network engineering, operations and telephone departments.
- Creates content and delivers communication and awareness of network and telephone capabilities and changes at CCAC
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Master's degree in computer science, information science, network/telecommunication, IT management, cloud computing, or related field and a minimum of 4-6 years related experience. Experience in the management of ongoing technology infrastructure acquisition and expansion, to include the identification and integration of suitable emerging technologies. Technically proficient and accomplished in area of expertise. Project Management, Interpersonal, communication, technical and customer services skills. Includes understanding of interaction of practical issues involving other functional areas. Thorough knowledge of technical concepts and basic operating principles of data communications, computer hardware, vendor IT products, and software; system and software life cycle deployment experience; federated wide area network and big data and cloud migration; secure wireless deployment on multiple sites; and cloud architecture experience. Extensive experience managing technical staff. Ability to understand the intricacies of the College operations. Ability to understand the process involved to adapt, integrate, and modify existing programs or vendor-supplied products for use within a large and complex technical environment. Working knowledge of cloud computing deployment (Software as a Service (SaaS), Infrastructure as a Services (IaaS), and Platform as a Service (PaaS). Experience implementing and supporting Voice over IP in a large institution.
Desired certifications: CISSP, PMP, ITIL Foundations. Information Library Infrastructure (ITIL/ITSM) is a plus.
Preferred: Strong stakeholder management and influence skills. Strong project management skills. Strong execution and results orientation. Knowledge and direct experience implementing ITIL based service delivery principles and best practices. Good working knowledge of Cyber Intelligence and Threat Analytics as well as Insider Threat Programs. Demonstrated ability to manage projects and tasks within an agile and dynamic operational environment. Working knowledge of information security management standards and frameworks such as NIST and FISMA. Previous experience managing cross functional and interdisciplinary project teams to achieve tactical and strategic objectives. Professional and Industry certifications a plus.
Information and Application Process Instructions
Clearance: Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here or by going to http://www.ccac.edu/hr, selecting "HR Forms and Documents" from the left menu and locating the link named "CCAC Instructions on Clearances.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=230
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the Community College of Allegheny County and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Chair of the Search Committee
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Chair of the Search Committee
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...