School of Nursing Simulation Center Coordinator
George Mason University
School of Nursing – Simulation Center Coordinator
George Mason University, College of Health and Human Services, School of Nursing (SoN) invites applications for a full-time, 12-month administrative/professional faculty position with responsibilities for nursing simulation laboratory experiences. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason's academic and culturally inclusive environment.
This position requires a Virginia RN license, minimum of a BSN degree, and two to three years recent clinical experience. Preference is given to candidates who hold national certification in healthcare simulation (e.g., CHSE).
The responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating all activities of the simulation center including student scheduling, operating simulation exercises, collaborating with nursing technology laboratory and clinical faculty on student simulation exercises, participating in curriculum development including simulation experiences
- Collaborating with SoN administration on the purchases, maintenance, and service contracts related to the simulation laboratory
- Assisting with skills/technology laboratory courses for SoN students as they interface with the simulation center
- Seeking/writing grant proposals for simulation funding sources
- Collaborating with the College's Associate Dean for Practice and Strategic Initiatives on potential simulation courses for community-based continuing education
- An unencumbered Virginia Registered Nurse license, or eligibility to obtain upon employment
- An earned Master's degree (MSN) in nursing
- A minimum of two years recent clinical experience in a healthcare setting
- Previous simulation center experience with high, medium, and low fidelity simulators, including developing and running simulation scenarios and debriefings, working with vendors on software and hardware upgrades and replacement, and experience in assessing and troubleshooting equipment failures.
- Knowledge of A-V equipment and software for recording, duplication, mixing, and editing of recorded scenarios.
- Ability to provide additional education to faculty in simulation exercises
- Experience with software tracking tools (e.g., Excel)
- Simulation immersion training and certification is desired.
- A minimum of one year of teaching experience in a RN program of nursing is preferred.
Salary commensurate on experience and qualifications.
Reports to: Assistant Dean, BSN Programs, School of Nursing, College of Health and Human Services
Collaborates with: SoN Nursing Technology Laboratory Coordinator, clinical and laboratory faculty, CHHS Associate Dean for Practice and Strategic Initiatives.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number FA28FZ at https://jobs.gmu.edu; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at George Mason University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com