Full-time, Tenure Track Marine Science,
Safety and Environmental Protection
Massachusetts Maritime Academy
A special mission college within the Massachusetts state university system
Position: Full-time, Tenure Track Marine Science, Safety and Environmental Protection (MSSEP) Faculty
Posting: April 2018
Start Date: September 2018
Position Number: FY18-13
Division: Academic; MSSEP Department
Union Affiliation: Massachusetts State College Association (MSCA)
Application Deadline: 01 June 2018
Supervision Received: Reports to the Chair of the Department MSSEP and to the Vice President of Academic Affairs
Supervision Exercised: Supervises student personnel in areas of responsibility
- The instruction of college-level courses within the Marine Science, Safety and Environmental Protection (MSSEP) Department, including General Biology, Environmental Monitoring, Ecological Sustainability, Conservation Biology, and a range of Marine Biology courses such as Marine Botany, Marine Invertebrate Zoology, and Tropical Marine Ecology
- Teaching first-year through senior level courses
- Teaching and advising in a four-year college setting
- Active participation in university committees and programs
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Demonstrated potential to fulfill evaluation criteria of teaching and advising at the university level
- An earned doctorate in Marine Biology or a related field is required for the tenure-track appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor
- Tenure-track appointment at a higher rank requires an earned doctorate in Marine Biology or a related field and significant teaching experience at the post-secondary level
- A strong commitment to undergraduate education
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Teaching experience of at least three years at post-secondary level
- Experience in Marine Biological fieldwork and laboratory studies
- Experience with curriculum development
- Experience with assessment of student learning
- Understanding of and dedication to the Academy’s unique mission
- Varsity athletic coaching experience at the college level.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and subject to the MSCA collective bargaining agreement plan.
The Academy is not sponsoring immigration visas at this time.
Application Deadline: 01 June 2018.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume/CV, an MMA application, Affirmative Action form and the contact information of five (5) professional references. These forms are located on the employment opportunities link under Human Resources on the MMA website www.maritime.edu. Applications may be attached and sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you may send your application materials by USPS to: Human Resources, Massachusetts Maritime Academy, 101 Academy Drive, Buzzards Bay, MA 02532.
Applicants selected for interview must submit original transcripts and be prepared to deliver a fifteen minute presentation on a relevant topic. Finalist must complete a drug screening and background check.
MMA is an AA/EEO/Veteran/Disabled employer. Members of under-represented groups are encouraged to apply.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the Massachusetts Maritime Academy and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com