Director of Nursing Programs
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota
SCF seeks employees looking to be a part of a culture of service excellence in the position of Director of Nursing Programs. The ideal candidate is the chief academic nurse administrator who plans, organizes, staffs and supervises the college's nursing programs. The Director promotes instructional quality, organizational integrity and student success at the highest level; pursues continuing state of the art knowledge and professional development and serves as a role model for the nursing programs; commits to the mission of SCF and serves in a variety of other functions in support of the nursing program, the College, and the community.
- Oversees the Associate degree and Baccalaureate degree nursing program pathways and their function under the auspices of the Nursing and Health Professions Division and the State College of Florida's mission, vision, core values, policies and procedures.
- Coordinates nursing program activities and delegates responsibilities to ASN and BSN Program Managers who direct faculty and support staff as appropriate.
- Creates, reviews, and maintains nursing program faculty handbook in coordination with ASN and BSN Program Managers.
- Serves as contact person/coordinator for nursing department(s) with regard to state, professional organizations, accrediting bodies, the community, and other external contacts.
- Represents nursing programs at local, regional, state, national and international levels, and collaborates with community partners.
- Prepares and administers the nursing budget, with approval of the Division Dean.
- Supports the ASN and BSN Program Managers in the development and evaluation of policies and standards for the selection, admission, progression, and graduation of nursing students.
- Develops and maintains student advising activities in coordination with the Office of Strategic Enrollment and ASN and BSN Program Managers and advisors.
- Assures provision of timely and accurate information regarding program requirements and other information needed for pre-nursing and nursing students.
- Works with ASN and BSN Program Managers, support staff, and/or nursing students to provide necessary documentation for professional licensure examination.
- Coordinates, with ASN and BSN Program Managers, the hiring, supervision, and evaluation of full-time and part-time nurse faculty and departmental support staff.
- Facilitates and coordinates Program Managers' activities and, through them, faculty activities related to academic policies, workload, personnel policies, faculty development and evaluation, and planning, assessment, and accreditation. Coaches and evaluates staff who report to the Director position.
- Promotes teaching excellence, professional development, and service to the college and community, remaining updated on current best practices in teaching/learning, current nursing accrediting body standards and college policies.
- Supervises and supports Program Managers in regard to nurse faculty development and maintenance of nursing program curricula to meet local, state, regional, and national health care and accreditation needs.
- Coordinates development and review of curriculum with Program Managers and nurse faculty as required to meet accrediting body standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A Doctoral degree in Nursing or a related field from an accredited institution of higher education.
- If doctoral degree is in a related field, the Master's degree must be in nursing.
- At least five or more years of experience in a higher education setting is required, with a strong record of experience in teaching as well as in accreditation activities, and progressive advancement in administrative responsibilities.
- A current, valid license as a registered nurse in Florida or eligibility for licensure.
- A minimum of three years of direct supervisory experience including responsibility for hiring, firing, performance management, training and coaching.
- Advanced practice nursing certification strongly preferred.
Information and Application Process Instructions
- Special Instructions to Applicants
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida's Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college.
This position is not eligible for veteran preference. Please contact Human Resources at (941) 752-5375 if you have any questions.
Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name: Nursing
Campus: Lakewood Ranch, Bradenton
Work Schedule: 12 month
Work Hours From: 8:00 AM
Work Hours To: 4:30 PM
Total Hours Per Week: 37.5
Continuing Contract Status: Not Eligible
Requested Start Date: July 1, 2018/negotiable
Job Type: Staff/Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hiring Range: Negotiable
Job Open Date: 04/10/2018
Job Close Date: 05/20/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
Statement of Non-Discrimination
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information and sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services or activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, PO Box 1849, Bradenton, FL 34206.
Apply now at https://employment.scf.edu/postings/2353
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...