State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota
SCF seeks employees looking to be a part of a culture of service excellence in the following position of Database Administrator. The ideal candidate will maintain, optimize and upgrade Oracle databases and Banner ecosystems for the college and assists programming staff with development, implementation, conversion and customization of administrative software solutions to support the day-to-day operations of the college.
- Responsible for the maintenance and support of a Banner and Oracle database on a UNIX (Linux) operating system. Ensures the Banner system is online and accessible to the campus constituents 24/7. This includes 3 Oracle database instances for production, development and testing.
- Ensures the database is managed to peak performance, monitors daily system performance, tunes the database when necessary. Responsible for backup and recovery strategies.
- Responsible for the installation and configuration of Ellucian products as required by the college such as ESM, Application Navigator, upgrade deployment through ESM, and maintenance of configuration.
- Responsible for cloning and refreshing databases from the production environment to development and testing environments in regular scheduled rotation.
- Manages patches and upgrades to the Oracle databases, and Banner (during off-hours maintenance window) and may be required to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Migrates database objects and applications from one environment to another. Monitors and optimizes system performance using tuning, optimization, AWR, ASH and other methods.
- Works closely with other IT staff to ensure that interfaces such as Workflow Dynamic, EMC, Application Extender and NelNet are working properly. Works with the web team and application support teams to ensure that 3rd party Single-Sign On is configured (Ethos – CAS, SAML, etc.).
- Provides technical advice during the planning, analysis, coordination, support of service requests, implementation steps, corrective actions, upgrade recommendation and optimization of applications.
- Troubleshoots various areas of the operating system and the database. Acts as a technical consultant and trainer when necessary.
- Maintains the various security grants and roles for the Oracle database structure and within the Banner security construct to ensure data integrity and confidentiality.
- Performs technical activities related to the design, analysis, development, and tuning of the Banner ERP system, and provides reporting and analytics related to those applications.
- Maintains and updates documentation and standards to facilitate smooth operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Associate's degree from a two or four year college or university and four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ellucian/Banner experience is required.
Oracle certified professionals are preferred.
Information and Application Process Instructions
- Special Instructions to Applicants
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida's Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college.
This position is not eligible for veteran preference. Please contact Human Resources at (941) 752-5375 if you have any questions.
Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name: Information Technology Services
Work Schedule: 12 month
Work Hours From: 8:00 AM
Work Hours To: 5:00 PM
Total Hours Per Week: 40
Continuing Contract Status: Not Eligible
Requested Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Staff/Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hiring Range: $51,720 - $81,718
Job Open Date: 02/26/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
Statement of Non-Discrimination
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information and sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services or activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5599, PO Box 1849, Bradenton, FL 34206.
Apply now at https://employment.scf.edu/postings/2307
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...