Coordinator, Degree Audit and Planner – Title III
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota
SCF seeks employees looking to be a part of a culture of service excellence in the following position of Coordinator, Degree Audit and Planner – Title III. The ideal candidate will oversee degree audit/planning system(s) to include: collaboration with academic departments to scribe college academic and technical requirements, maintenance of scripting for new catalog requirements, and testing and updates of the system(s).
Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
- Consults with supervisors, other programmers, and end-users to gather information about report intent, functions, features, and requirements; internal and external checks and controls; hardware and operating-system environment; and interfaces with other systems.in relation to the degree audit and planning solution(s). Designs and/or writes report specifications based on the consultations.
- Converts plans and specifications into computer code. Creates test transactions and runs assessments to uncover errors in the code to confirm that the program(s) are meeting specifications. Analyzes code to find causes of errors and revises program(s) accordingly.
- Writes and maintains documentation of changes to computer code, programs, reports, and specifications and maintains training documentation for new procedures for the degree audit and planning solution(s).
- Reviews user and technical documentation written by others to confirm consistency with program operations.
- Provides technical assistance for current- and future-licensed degree audit and planning solution(s) by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions with programs. Revises program for corrections, enhancements, or system-environment changes.
- Trains end-users, technical support staff, and functional technical representatives to use and support programs and reports associated with the degree audit and planning solution(s).
- Coordinates with other programmers about program and report revisions. Modifies and maintains software programs written by others.
- Implements new processes and procedures for the College based on industry best practices.
- Oversees the degree audit and planning system(s) to include: collaboration with academic departments to scribe college academic and technical requirements, maintenance of scripting for new catalog requirements, and testing and updating of the system(s).
- Coordinates detailed tasks as well as resource planning including: project-phases planning, plan to transition from current degree audit solution, project communication, and project status updates including delivered milestones.
- Facilitates stakeholder groups for the implementation of the degree audit and planning solution(s) and works with technical personnel, functional users, and vendors.
- Facilitate and/or provide support, as needed, for College-retention-solution integrations with Banner ERP.
- Facilitate and support technology enhancements and business-process improvements related to transfer articulation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university and at least three years related experience and/or training – or equivalent combination of education and experience.
One or more years of experience as a "lead" employee, with responsibility for scheduling and assigning work, facilitating teams, training employees, and assisting others with problems, is required.
Knowledge of Ellucian's Banner Enterprise Resource Planning system, supporting a major functional module of Banner: Admissions, Registration, Student Accounts, Financial Aid, degree audit, etc.
Professionals who are certified in Oracle and Java are preferred.
Information and Application Process Instructions
- Special Instructions to Applicants
Public Records Law
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida's Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college.
This position is not eligible for veteran preference. Please contact Human Resources at (941) 752-5375 if you have any questions.
Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name: Educational Records
Work Schedule: 12 month
Work Hours From: 8:00 AM
Work Hours To: 4:30 PM
Total Hours Per Week: 37.5
Continuing Contract Status: Not Eligible
Requested Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Staff/Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hiring Range: $51,720 - $66,719
Open Until Filled: Yes
Statement of Non-Discrimination
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information and sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services or activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, PO Box 1849, Bradenton, FL 34206.
Apply now at https://employment.scf.edu/postings/2326
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...