Director of Noncredit Programs
West Valley-Mission Community College District
Closing Date: 5/17/2018
West Valley College is seeking a dynamic leader to fill the position of Director of Noncredit Programs. Located just minutes from the heart of the Silicon Valley, the College is in a beautiful park-like setting on 143 wooded acres. Our staff and faculty are among the most qualified in the state and our students appreciate the college for its friendly staff and supportive atmosphere.
Under the direction of the Dean of Instruction, the Director of Noncredit Programs will oversee all noncredit course offerings, noncredit faculty, and office staff. This individual will manage the day-to-day operations of a complex unit , work with multiple college areas/departments, meet enrollment goals, supervise a large unit of faculty, oversee a $600,000+ budget, manage curriculum development in multiple content areas and collaborate with multiple external agencies for course offerings. The successful candidate will increase enrollment and the number of course offerings, and work with community partners to meet college enrollment goals and community needs. The noncredit content areas include ESL, Immigrant Education, Elementary and Secondary Basic Skills, Health and Safety, Substantial Disabilities, Parenting, Home Economics, Older Adults, Short Term Vocational, and Workforce Preparation. The College's strategic plan includes dramatically increasing noncredit offerings and enrollment. West Valley College currently offers noncredit courses through various departments but is seeking to centralize the management and oversight for our growing program under the direction of this position.
Applicants who possess the knowledge, skills, and life experiences to address the cultural and educational needs of a culturally diverse student population are encouraged to apply.
100% of full time, 40 hours per week, 12 months per year, with anticipated start date of July 9, 2018. Schedule may change to include some evening or weekend hours, as needed. This position is an educational administrator and part of the Administrative employee unit.
Work Location: West Valley College, Saratoga, CA.
Salary and Benefits:
Anticipated Hiring Range:
- $102,815–$109,500 annually (Administrative Salary Schedule, Program Director I classification, Range 15, Steps A-C).
- Employer-contributed medical, dental and vision for employee, spouse, and/or dependents.
- Employer-paid long term disability for employee.
- Voluntary life insurance.
- 13 paid holidays, plus 1 floating holiday annually; paid non-workdays between Christmas and New Year.
- 22 days vacation leave accrued annually (25 days after 5 years).
- 12 days sick leave accrued annually.
- Personal necessity leave and personal business leave.
- Professional development and renewal leave.
- $500 longevity award annually after 10 years of service and $1,000 longevity award annually after 15 years of service.
- CalSTRS retirement.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Administer, develop, organize, coordinate, implement and supervise the operations and activities of an assigned program.
- Evaluate operations and activities of assigned program; implement improvements and modifications; collect and compile data and prepare various reports on operations and activities.
- Lead and manage budget preparation and administration; prepare cost estimates for budget recommendations; monitor and control expenditures; assure compliance with expenditure guidelines.
- Consult with faculty and administrators to assist in improved delivery of program services to students.
- Contact, coordinate and liaison with outside agencies and organizations related to the program.
- Represent the department at outside events and activities related to the program; serve on district and community boards and committees as needed.
- Plan, develop and oversee the work of technical and clerical staff involved in program support.
- Participate in the selection of staff; coordinate staff training; conduct performance evaluations; recommend discipline; implement discipline procedures as directed.
- Recruit, hire, orient, contract, and schedule contract employees and/or instructors.
- Locate funding sources and author grant applications; manage grant reporting requirements and projects funded through grants.
- Conduct needs assessments of target populations; develop program curriculum, workshops and training as appropriate.
- Develop and implement program marketing strategies; design and produce marketing materials.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other district employees, and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Foster an environment that embraces diversity, integrity, trust and respect.
- Be an integral team player, which involves flexibility, cooperation and communication.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
1. Understanding of, and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
2. Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a field related to area of assignment.
3. Five years of increasingly responsible professional experience related to area of assignment, including one year of supervisory responsibility.
Information and Application Process Instructions
- Apply at http://apptrkr.com/1207077
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741–2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the West Valley-Mission Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...