Part Time Residential Coordinator
Baltimore City Community College
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Overview: The Residential Coordinator serves as a liaison between full-time Upward Staff and Tutor Counselors. Residential Coordinators stay on campus and report directly to the full time staff. The Residential Coordinators exhibits leadership and encourages team work and a positive atmosphere in the dorms. They are responsible for dorm activities, discipline, team supervision and record keeping. The Residential Coordinator is to maintain the best possible group atmosphere. They coordinate and supervise all personnel aspects of the Tutor Counselors, including scheduling, team management and communication. They also assist in other areas of where and when appropriate. They help develop and carry out student extracurricular activities and will help supervise students on field trips.
Employee will receive direct supervision from the UBMS program facilitator and Director
- Reside on campus during the week in order to provide live-support of tutor counselors and students
- Implement schedule for tutoring sessions, food service programs, recreational activities
- Work with tutor counselors and full time staff to members to ensure consistency in disciplinary actions for students.
- Report to Program Director any successes, concerns or existing problems.
- Coordinate and supervise field days and other recreational activities
- Submit daily report to Upward Bound full time staff
- Submit weekly reports to parents as needed.
- Hold daily formal meetings with Tutor Counselors to review schedule, exchange ideas, and discuss activities
- Maintain safety and security of the dorm and its occupants
- Ensure paperwork is completed in a timely fashion and submitted to the Program Director.
- Design and implement attendance plan for Tutor Counselors
Why Work at BCCC?
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a crossroads of diverse peoples, of learning and work, and the multiplicity of stakeholders we serve: individuals, businesses, government and educational institutions of the community at large.
Our employees enjoy a collegial environment that is both challenging and welcoming. We stay innovative as we strive to be the leader in providing quality education that responds to and meets the needs of a diverse population of learners. Students come here to change their lives through education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Applications: Please apply online.
Explore this and other current employment opportunities at BCCC by visiting the search openings listed at Baltimore City Community College jobs
When inquiring or applying for this position, please reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com