Post-Doctoral Research Scientist in Computational Social Simulation
University of Central Florida
The University of Central Florida’s Institute for Simulation and Training (IST) invites applications for one or more Post-Doctoral Research Scientist position(s) in computational social simulation. The selected candidate(s) will contribute to a multi-year, multi-institution team project to advance understanding and practice of online social simulation. The position is located at the UCF Institute for Simulation and Training. The selected candidate(s) must have the ability to conduct independent research, publish academic manuscripts, develop grant proposals, and administer projects. Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Conduct specific research projects under the direction of a principal investigator.
- Support proposal development, manuscript writing, and related grant activities.
- Develop computer programs and applications in support of experiments and research activities.
Earned Ph.D. in a relevant discipline, such as computational social sciences, computer science, information systems, computational simulation, computational statistics, modeling and simulation (M&S), or a closely related discipline from a U.S. accredited university or international equivalent. Candidates who expect to earn their Ph.D. within six months will be considered.
- Demonstrated records of high-quality, peer-reviewed academic publications.
- Excellent knowledge and skills in social network analysis, machine learning, statistical analysis, and computational simulation.
- Proficiency in computer programming using Java, Scala, SQL, R, and/or other languages.
- Strong knowledge in social and behavioral disciplines.
- Effective communication, collaboration, and organizational skills.
- Experience and knowledge in simulation software tools and in Linux systems administration.
All applications must be submitted electronically at http://cyber.ist.ucf.edu/fw/pda18. An application must include the following documents (combined in a single PDF file):
- A cover letter.
- A recent CV documenting the applicant's education, experience, publications and/or papers in progress, technical skills, and recognitions.
- A professional statement of research interests and evidence of excellence.
- A list of names, affiliation, and contact information (including email addresses and phone numbers) of at least three professional references.
Legal authorization to be employed full-time in the United States for the duration of position is required.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Questions about this position may be directed to Wingyan Chung at email@example.com. An equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, UCF is a thriving preeminent research university located in metropolitan Orlando, Florida, USA – a major industrial and hi-tech center near to theme parks and recreational facilities (more at https://www.ucf.edu/about-ucf). Located at the Central Florida Research Park, IST has over 30 years of internationally-recognized M&S research achievements (http://www.ist.ucf.edu/overview.htm).
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the University of Central Florida and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com