Manager of Accounting
Baltimore City Community College
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Overview of Position:
- Manages the operations and services of the Accounting Department
- Manages the monthly and statutory year-end closing including analysis of trial balances
- Maintains the integrity of the general ledger
- Maintains and updates the FAS and INTFOFAS table on the SOAR and CERTS systems
- Reviews and approves journal entries, mails in check transmittals, reconciliations
- Prepares the quarterly trial balances for WBJC, Bookstore, and assists in the College information
- Prepares financial analysis and supervise preparation of reports required for internal and external auditors, State regulators and governmental agencies and other interested parties
- Reviews and makes updates to the general ledger chart of accounts in R*STARS
- Verifies assets, revenue, expenditures, and fund balances, insuring all accounts and funds are appropriately analyzed and reconciled; research and correct discrepancies
- Assists in ensuring all financial activity is in compliance with GAAP, GASB, State and Federal Regulations and in compliance with College’s policies and procedures
- Assists in the Corporate Purchasing Card (CPC) compliance
- Assists in the preparation of the College’s Financial Statements
Why Work at BCCC?
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a crossroads of diverse peoples, of learning and work, and the multiplicity of stakeholders we serve: individuals, businesses, government and educational institutions of the community at large.
Our employees enjoy a collegial environment that is both challenging and welcoming. We stay innovative as we strive to be the leader in providing quality education that responds to and meets the needs of a diverse population of learners. Students come here to change their lives through education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Applications: Please apply online.
Explore this and other current employment opportunities at BCCC by visiting the search openings listed at Baltimore City Community College jobs
When inquiring or applying for this position, please reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com