Program Assistant IV, Ricci Institute and Mission Council
University of San Francisco
Under the general supervision of the Associate Dean for Arts and Humanities, the Program Assistant IV will provide full-time secretarial support services to the Ricci Institute and the University Council on Jesuit Mission. The Program Assistant IV will work closely with the administrative assistants and offices within the University and will engage a diverse group of external constituents, visitors, and internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Performs various secretarial and administrative support duties for the staff, as well as the programs and activities of the Institute and the Council.
This position is full time and will support the Council 50% of the time and the Institute the other 50% of the time. Allocation and responsibilities are subject to change based upon the needs of the College. The Ricci Institute is a world premier resource for the study of Chinese-Western cultural history, and a research center to promote cross-cultural understanding between East and West.
- Organizes work and sets priorities, and manages the program offices under the general guidance of the Director of the Institute and the Chair of the Council.
- Helps create warm, welcoming environment and assists faculty, students, staff and other visitors to the office.
- Acts as a resource person/liaison between and among faculty, students, and the University community, as well as members of the public.
- Receives and screens a variety of calls. Takes information, answers inquiries, provides information using knowledge of University, College and Department policies and procedures.
- Creates and develops new office work procedures to increase efficiency, maintenance of confidentiality, or work flow using knowledge of operations and creative problem solving techniques; designs new forms, as appropriate, to implement changes.
- Handles confidential and non-routine information and explains policies when necessary.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies.
- Hires, trains and supervises student assistant(s).
- Creates or inputs, revises, stores, retrieves, edits and prints a variety of (sometimes confidential) documents, reports, or records using word processing software. Prepares and does minor editing of manuscripts (e.g., technical manuscripts, those written in a foreign language), reports, grant proposals, catalog copy, meeting minutes, and manuals, as well as routine Program correspondence.
- Sets up, maintains and revises record-keeping procedures and files as appropriate for the Institute and the Council.
- Plans and coordinates various events, including overseeing all logistics and promotion.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities with the Mission Council/Lane Center:
- scheduling related to mission council.
- Maintain council membership list and an archive of documents.
- Assist chair in managing mission council FOAPS, create budget and expense reports, manage transfers.
- Manage mission council website and email communication.
- Assist chair in coordinating and centralizing mission council programs.
- Take minutes at council meetings and other meetings related to the mission council.
- Support chair as a resource person for the Board of Trustees Catholic Identity and Jesuit Mission Committee.
- Assist in coordinating Lane Center programming and events that support the Mission Council.
Responsibilities Specific to the Ricci Institute:
- Assist in coordinating conferences and events related to the Institute.
- Support visiting scholars/fellows to the Institute, including coordinating with International Student and Scholar Services on visa related documents, assisting them with scholarly requests, on-boarding at the university, and serve as point of contact for other requests.
- Collect and organize applications for fellowships and travel grants; send out acceptance and rejection letters.
- Process payments for fellowships and travel grants.
- Process expense reports via Concur for expenses incurred by non-USF employee affiliates and vendors.
- Minor editing and maintenance of Ricci Institute websites and social media.
- Post high school education preferred
- Four years of increasingly responsible experience in administrative support work or related education, including at least two years in a senior administrative support role.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience working with high level executive officers and/or vice presidents.
- Must be able to work independently without close supervision and as a member of a team.
- Must be customer service and team oriented.
- Ability to handle diverse situations and meet demanding deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including correct use of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Knowledge of standard office procedures and functions.
- Must be able to deal with faculty, students, staff, academic community and the public with tact, discretion, and courtesy; contribute to professional environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to word process with speed and accuracy.
- Advanced experience working with computer database systems, word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Must be flexible and readily adaptable to change, have good organizational skills and be able to prioritize masses of detail.
- Employs effective follow-up systems to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Ability to use desktop publishing software and equipment to design and produce high-quality publications preferred.
- Previous experience in a multicultural setting preferred.
- Understanding of and support for USF’s and the Jesuit Province’s Vision, Mission & Values
- Must have, or quickly develop, understanding of administrative operations as well as credible stature with members of the academic community and public.
Information and Application Process Instructions
For information on how to apply, please visit the following link: www.usfjobs.com
The University of San Francisco is an equal opportunity institution of higher education. As a matter of policy, the University does not discriminate in employment, educational services and academic programs on the basis of an individualís race, color, religion, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age (except minors), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related and genetic-related) and disability, and the other bases prohibited by law. The University reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities under the law.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the University of San Francisco and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...