University of South Florida, Sarasota-Manatee
The University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee campus seeks an energetic, flexible, and resourceful individual to deliver reference, research, and instruction services to faculty and students at the Sarasota campus. In addition to serving as a liaison to academic departments on campus, a successful candidate will work collaboratively and effectively with the director of library services. This line is a direct report to the Director of Library Services.
- Develop and deliver effective library instruction, both online and in the classroom through the creation of digital learning objects such as tutorials or videos.
- Provide research assistance, both online and in person to students, faculty, and staff.
- Serve as liaison to English, Hospitality and Tourism, Communication Sciences and Disorders, Professional & Technical Writing, and Education .
- Provide assistance at the Information Commons academic resource desk which includes but is not limited to loaning equipment, providing technical assistance, and maintaining inventory of loaned equipment.
- Coordinate outreach with the Offices of Student Engagement and Student Services, with the oversight of the Director of Library Services.
- Demonstrate knowledge of widely available electronic resources.
- Provide service to the USFSM Library, university and profession including participation on university committees, and participate in relevant activities of state, regional, and national organizations and associations
- Masters in Library Science from an ALA accredited institution, or equivalent.
- Minimum one-year experience as a reference/instruction librarian in higher education .
- Demonstrated experience using instructional technology to teach, promote, and distribute resources to provide services to students and faculty.
- Demonstrated knowledge of widely available electronic resources.
- Experience representing the library on university committees, and participate in relevant activities of state, regional and national organizations and associations.
- Pursue appropriate presentation and publication opportunities expected of a library faculty member.
- Knowledge of current issues and trends in instructional pedagogy, technologies, and literacies.
- Experience designing library instruction sessions with the ACRL Framework for Information Literacy for Higher Education.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication, organizational, project management, and analytic skills.
- Work experience or coursework in design of online learning objects.
- Work experience or coursework in instructional design.
- Two-three years’ experience as a reference/instruction librarian in higher education.
- Collection development experience.
- Experience with learning management systems such as Canvas, Blackboard or D2L.
- Proven ability to develop relationships with departments on campus.
Information and Application Process Instructions
To apply please visit the USF careers website:
Advance search Job ID: 16415
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the University of South Florida, Sarasota-Manatee and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...