Assistant Director of the Center for Student Diversity
Mount St. Mary's University
Reporting to the Controller, the Director of Accounts Receivable has overall responsibility for the operation of the Student Accounts Office, including primary responsibility for all billing, day to day cash management, collection activities, campus card administration, and coordinating relationships with all student services and academic offices to ensure the highest level of customer service is provided. In addition, the following essential functions will be expected of the Manager:
- Coordination of the creation, set up and generation of all student charges, production of all statements to students and parents, and issuance of 1098-T tax documents;
- Management of other receivables, i.e. employees, cemetery and outside groups;
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the student account assessment infrastructure to insure that tuition and fees are accurately assessed and that the proper accounts are credited for revenue and internal payments.
- Ensure adequate internal control procedures over payments of Tuition and Fees
- Organizing, planning and prioritizing the work of the Student Accounts Office; development of specific plans and goals; evaluating staffing levels, and hiring, training and evaluating staff;
- Investigates and resolves difficult or highly sensitive collections or receivables problems;
- Interact with students and the University community in order to discuss University procedures and any changes affecting the accounts receivable area;
- Leadership in computer system development and testing as it relates to the receivables area;
- Calculating student refunds and maintaining compliance with Title IV federal and state regulations;
- Collection on delinquent accounts; managing in-house collections and working with collection agencies as necessary;
- Monthly and Annual reconciliation
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Strong customer service skills.
Writes and presents information in a clear and concise way. Interprets and understands written information and is able to listen attentively to verbal and non-verbal cues that lead to a deeper understanding. Ability to network with, and provide information to key groups and individuals. Ability to work as part of a team. Good administrative and supervisory skills
Ability to work cooperatively with others and demonstrate professional, ethical, respectful, and courteous behavior when interacting with others. Capable of interacting pleasantly and positively with others to meet customer expectations, and provide follow up with customers.
Excellent organizational and project management skills. Ability to use a consultative approach to resolve issues in area of responsibility.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a related field of study (Master's degree and/or additional certification is preferred).
Experience: Three (3) years related experience in accounting including experience working with accounting database applications.
Supervisory: One (1) year of direct supervisory or responsibility for training, work coordination, and monitoring of work of others.Preferred: Significant documented progressive financial experience in a college or university setting, working in a bursar's office in accounts receivable management with knowledge and understanding of federal cash management regulations, FERPA regulations, and generally accepted accounting principles and practices will be expected of the Director. Excellent collaboration and teamwork skills as well as the desire to create a student-centric, customer service oriented office is also expected.
Other: Consideration may be given for a unique combination of education and experience.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and experience
To Apply: Mail with cover letter and resume to:
Department of Human Resources
Director of Accounts Receivable Search
16300 Old Emmitsburg Road
Emmitsburg MD 21727
Resumes may also be sent by email to: email@example.com.
Send inquiries to: HumanResources@msmary.edu
Mount St. Mary's University is a dynamic, catholic, Liberal Arts University with over 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students. As a Catholic university, Mount St. Mary’s graduates ethical leaders who are inspired by a passion for learning and lead lives of significance in service to God and others. The University has a strong institutional commitment to excellence through diversity in its educational programs and employment practices; we actively seek and welcome applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Mount St. Mary's University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com