Lecturer of Lighting & Projection Design
Ohio University Theater Division invites applicants for a full time Instructor of Lighting & Projection Design for Fall 2018. Salary commensurate with experience. The university seeks faculty members who demonstrate the ability to bring critical perspective to issues of diversity and multiculturalism. The college is invested in hiring faculty members who can actively contribute to the climate of diversity and inclusion in the Theater Division through their teaching and creative activity.
The Theater Division is a professional training program with BFA degrees in Performance, Playwriting, Stage Management, and Production Design & Technology (PD&T) and MFA degrees in Acting, Directing, Playwriting, and PD&T. There are approximately 175 students (of which 45-50 are graduate students) and 25 faculty and staff.
The Production Design and Technology (PD&T) program is committed to a collaborative design process and professional training in theatrical design and technology, preparing students for careers in New York, Chicago, regional and/or international theater markets.
To provide artistic and educational leadership for the lighting and projection design area. Teaching lighting design in MFA and BFA programs, introduction to design skills, Vectorworks, Lightwright and associated paperwork and Cueing classes. Teach projection design as a secondary area. Critically important is strong supervision and mentorship of student designers including portfolio guidance and facilitating professional internships. Additional duties include participation in production planning, student recruitment, and service on academic committees.
- MFA or equivalent in Lighting Design or comparable professional training.
- Secondary interest, experience and skills in Projection Design.
- Demonstrated skills in graduate and undergraduate-level teaching.
- High degree of interpretive, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative relationship with faculty and staff.
- Knowledge of industry standard lighting and projection design software, including Vectorworks, Lightwright, Watchout and Isadora.
- Interest and/or skills in Performance Photography.
- Strong background in professional theatrical design and/or entertainment industry, with connections to the New York or significant regional theater markets.
- Membership in United Scenic Artists, local 829
Apply online at http://www.ohiouniversityjobs.com/postings/25534
You will be asked to provide a link to a digital portfolio and names and contact information for three professional references.
The position will remain open until filled. For full consideration please apply by Friday, April 13, 2018.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Ohio University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com