Assistant Professor, Dietetics (Tenure-track)
The D’Youville College Dietetics Department invites applications for a full-time, 10 month, tenure-track appointment as an Assistant Professor starting in August, 2018. We seek a highly motivated individual with demonstrated success in professional practice and college-level teaching in diverse and inclusive environments. The candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, flexibility, and leadership qualities.
For more than 25 years, D’Youville College’s ACEND-accredited Coordinated Program in Dietetics has been offering a combined bachelor’s and master’s degree with supervised practice experiences in one program. Our comprehensive curriculum prepares graduates for future employment in a wide-range of professional practice areas such as nutrition counseling, sports nutrition, and pediatric nutrition. Our graduates are eligible to sit for the Registration Examination for Dietitians.
D’Youville’s Dietetics Department is 1 of the 8 departments in the School of Health Professions (SHP). SHP is one of the largest on the campus, offering certificate, undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs. With a dedicated and engaged faculty committed to academic excellence and an inclusive environment for teaching and learning, the school embraces curricular innovation with a focus on inter-professional education. The school promotes scholarship among its faculty and students and is committed to maintaining a footprint of service that honors the spirit of Marguerite D’Youville. The school welcomes applications from dynamic, energized and committed persons who are ready to be a vital member of our team.
The selected applicant will be responsible for:
- Directing master’s student research (thesis advisement)
- Teaching introductory and advanced nutrition courses offered in a variety of instructional formats
- Serving as admissions recruiter and student advisor
- Participating in programmatic updates, course development and evaluation in the ACEND® accredited Coordinated Program
- Engaging in professional development and scholarly activities
- Serving on departmental and college committees
- Community service and outreach in the spirit of Marguerite D’Youville
- Earned doctorate in Nutrition, Dietetics, or a closely related field; Candidates near completion will be considered
- Credentialed as a Registered Dietitian/Registered Dietitian Nutritionist by the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- 3 years of professional work experience
- College-level teaching experience
D’Youville College is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence in education and employment through diversity. The College embraces diversity and defines it to include race, gender, national origin, ethnicity, religion, social class, age, sexual orientation, and physical and learning ability. D’Youville College is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding faculty and staff from racial and ethnic groups that have been traditionally underrepresented in higher education.
In an effort to accurately represent D’Youville’s student population, candidates of racial and/or ethnic minority backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit your resume to:
Interested applicants should provide to human resources a letter of intent, curriculum vitae, a statement of teaching philosophy, and names/contact information of three references to the attention of:
Megan Whelan, Ph.D., R.D.N., C.D.N.
Chair, Dietetics Department
320 Porter Avenue, KAB 421
Buffalo, New York 14201
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at D'Youville College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com