Assistant Professor BCBA-D
Webster University’s School of Education, St. Louis, Missouri, invites applications for a 12- month, full-time, tenure track position as Assistant Professor in Special Education & ABA, starting June 1, 2018. The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching graduate-level Special Education courses, primarily courses in Applied Behavior Analysis. The candidate will also serve as the University liaison and VCS coordinator with the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB). Other duties and responsibilities include:
- This 12-month position requires a teaching load of 24 credit hours per year. Course releases may apply depending on administrative appointments related to the program.
- Maintain active communication with the BACB regarding the Verified Course Sequence (VCS) requirements and approvals.
- Carry out the responsibilities of the VCS Coordinator, as described in the Behavior Analyst Certification Board VCS Handbook.
- Coordinate MA in Special Education (ABA) and the Advanced Graduate Certificate in ABA; supervision of adjunct faculty; schedule courses offerings; oversee student advising.
- Advise graduate students in the Masters and AGC in ABA programs.
- Teach campus- based and online graduate courses with a strong interactive focus.
- Participate in curriculum development, implementation, and review.
- Assist in data collection, data analysis and reports as required by the University and School of Education as well as regional state, and national accreditation agencies.
- Explore opportunities for additional collaboration with community agencies, school districts, and professional organizations to promote cooperative opportunities for students.
- Engage in university service and make professional contributions to the department, school, university, and community.
- Pursue a program of research and scholarship in special education, applied behavior analysis, and/or positive behavior support.
Minimum Qualifications: Applicant must have an earned doctorate in special education, psychology, applied behavior analysis, or closely related field. Applicant must also be a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA), and hold a current certificate awarded by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board.
Preferred experience: Preferred experience includes experience teaching college-level courses in behavior assessment and intervention; experience developing and teaching online courses in ABA; working in educational or other applied settings, with individuals with developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorder, emotional disturbance, and/or mental health disorders; professional experience in the provision of ABA and/or positive behavior support services in public schools or community settings; research in special education practices and/or ABA, or positive behavior supports for individuals with developmental disabilities and ASD; membership or active role in ABA-related professional associations; teacher certification in Special Education.
Information and Application Process Instructions
To Apply: Applicants must apply online at https://webster.peopleadmin.com/postings/2874,
and submit a cover letter, CV, and three reference letters, and supporting documentation. Additional materials will be requested at a later date.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Webster University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Dr. Victoria McMullen
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Dr. Victoria McMullen
470 East Lockwood Avenue
Send your resume for this job...
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...