Adult Basic Education Instructional Specialist
Baltimore City Community College
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
- Works with the Grant Administrator, MIS Specialist and the Intake Assessment Specialist and ABE Program Staff;
- Works with the Intake Assessment Specialist on the special needs of enrolled learners, including disabled students and English language learners;
- Assist with the development and execution of the program’s Data Quality Plan;
- Oversees the recruitment, selection, and training of ABE adjunct faculty;
- Functions as a master or lead teacher, including having instructional responsibility for no more than one weekly class;
- Oversees the review, selection and implementation of instructional resources;
- Develops and implements curriculum based on AELS instructional Standards;
- Connects instruction and accountability;
- Analyze program outcome data, along with instructor observations and surveys to develop and implement a Professional Development Plan for consistent program improvement and enhanced classroom instruction;
- Identifies professional development needs and coordinates activities to address those needs;
- Performs other duties as assigned based on program demographics, enrollment trends, and the needs of the target population;
- Attends State Instructional Specialist meetings and communicates pertinent information to appropriate local program staff;
- Attends State “Train-the-Trainer” initiatives and subsequently training local staff;
- Trains new Instructional Specialist in neighboring programs in the same geographic region, upon request;
- Attends State professional development activities and applies at local level;
- Other related duties as assigned.
Why Work at BCCC?
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a crossroads of diverse peoples, of learning and work, and the multiplicity of stakeholders we serve: individuals, businesses, government and educational institutions of the community at large.
Our employees enjoy a collegial environment that is both challenging and welcoming. We stay innovative as we strive to be the leader in providing quality education that responds to and meets the needs of a diverse population of learners. Students come here to change their lives through education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Applications: Please apply online.
Explore this and other current employment opportunities at BCCC by visiting the search openings listed at Baltimore City Community College jobs
When inquiring or applying for this position, please reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com