Instructor/Assistant Professor, Cybersecurity, Networking & Digital Forensics
Anne Arundel Community College
The department seeks a full-time faculty member who will teach 15 load hours per semester in Cybersecurity, Networking, or Digital Forensics. A strong candidate is expected to have excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
The candidate will also be expected to participate in college, school, and department service activities including, but not limited to, the job duties and responsibilities listed below. Six office hours per semester are required.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
With meeting community needs and improving teaching and learning among Anne Arundel Community Collegeís highest priorities, we are strategically positioned to set and surpass new standards of excellence in our primary teaching and learning mission. Guided by principles that emphasize equity and student success, especially in learning, and continuous improvement for a progressive and vital learning community, we envision AACC as a premier learning organization that is in the vanguard of community college education. As a consequence, we welcome qualified faculty candidates who
- integrate learning outcomes assessment techniques in their instructional planning, curriculum design, and teaching activities
- apply informational technology to the teaching and learning process
- deliver instruction in a variety of formats
- understand and apply learning organization theory
- thrive in cross-functional roles
- make data-driven decisions
- collaborate in flexible, imaginative problem-solving
- integrate interdisciplinary and global perspectives into their methodology
While faculty work of 30 faculty load hours an academic year will include primary responsibilities for teaching and assessing learning and for institutional service, advising, and professional development, the college seeks to break the frame that traditionally surrounds faculty assignments, especially since academic divisional needs vary. As such, faculty should expect to integrate with their primary responsibilities some combination of the following,
- creating experiential learning opportunities and assessment techniques, (e.g., work-based and service learning; portfolio assessment, including developing and evaluating learning portfolios; etc.)
- students from target groups
- new full-time faculty
- part-time faculty
- designing, formatting and delivering curriculum for synchronous and asynchronous learning
- training and consulting for workforce initiatives (e.g., for public and corporate partners, etc.)
- developing and implementing community education and extended learning programs
- partnering with colleagues to enhance services to students and the community
- recruiting and marketing
- advising with expanded responsibilities
- devising retention strategies and activities
- strengthening relations and collaborative activities with K-12 and baccalaureate-granting colleagues
- Bachelor's degree.
- Proficiency in the use of technology in the classroom.
- Strong communication skills.
- Teaching or training experience.
- 3 or more years of professional experience and hands-on technical background in one or more of the following fields are required:
- Linux/Unix/Red Hat Server Administration
- Windows Server Administration
- TCP/IP Networking
- Information Assurance and Cybersecurity
- Network Defense, Penetration Testing, Intrusion Detection
- One or more of the following industry certifications: A+, Network+, CCNA, CCNP, Security+, CEH, CISSP, ACE, GCFE/GCFA or CCE (or similar technology related certification)
- Masterís degree.
- Certifications, online teaching and technical proficiency.
- Combination of industry and instructional experience.
- Ability to work flexible hours and locations, including some weekends and evenings as needed.
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Teaching Philosophy
Information and Application Process Instructions
For more information or to apply, please visit https://aacc.hiretouch.com
Anne Arundel Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Anne Arundel Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Please apply online at: https://aacc.hiretouch.com
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...