Austin Peay State University
This position serves as the Chief Data Officer for the University and manages data as an integral university asset. This position is responsible for providing expertise, vision, and leadership for the development and implementation of university data, institutional research, and data governance initiatives. This position provides decision support studies to aid university administrators and other stakeholders in using data to inform decision-making in a timely and proactive manner to support student success, strategic planning, and effective use of resources.
The position serves as a key member of the Universityís administration, leading the institutionís data collection and analysis, as well as identifying trends to inspire innovation and help inform strategic decisions across the University. This leadership position is responsible for coordinating Decision Support and Institutional Research (DSIR) functions. This position reports to the Vice Provost/Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- Masterís degree required and graduate-level coursework in research design and methods, research analysis, and statistical methods.
- Minimum of five years of progressively responsible Institutional Research management and leadership experience, including documented experience within the higher education setting in institutional research areas with a broad knowledge of data interpretation, database design, statistical analysis, and research design.
- Documented experience in a leadership/management role. Possess strong management skills and the ability to oversee a diverse team, coordinate work, and plan for the future. Must be able to effectively guide/lead others in the successful completion of tasks and projects.
- Documented experience in survey design and methodologies.
- Knowledge of and experience-based skills in research methods; analytical methods, techniques, and concepts; statistics; program evaluation, survey methodology; projections; financial modeling; longitudinal and trend analysis; and data visualization. Demonstrated research ability and computer skills in spreadsheets, databases, word processing, and data visualization tools. Experience using statistical analysis tools is required, such as SPSS, SAS, or STATA, spreadsheets, and related software, including experience in data base management.
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Must be adept at working with diverse populations and be able to communicate effectively with different levels of technical and professional expertise.
- Understanding of key issues in higher education and the culture and dynamics of higher education. Understanding of the operations, organizational structure and decision-making processes of colleges and universities.
- Experience with project planning, prioritizing assignments, establishing work schedules, meeting deadlines and working in project groups.
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail and ability to focus on quality assurance.
- Possess a high level of the following work skills and behaviors: teamwork/cooperation, initiative, customer service, and commitment to continuous professional growth in skills and knowledge.
- Approach work with a high level of energy, motivation, persistence, and a positive attitude, in a fast-paced and sometimes stressful environment.
- A background check will be required for the successful applicant.
Information and Application Process Instructions
Applicant review will continue until the position is filled.
Please refer all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications taken ONLINE ONLY at http://www.apsu.edu/human-resources
Austin Peay State University is an AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, ethnic or national origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation/gender identity, religion, age, disability status, genetic information, and/or veteran status in its programs and activities. Inquiries or complaints regarding the non-discrimination policies, should be directed to the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action at Nondiscrimination@apsu.edu.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Austin Peay State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...