COLLEGE OF THE SEQUOIAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
invites applications for the position of:
Vice President, Student Services
SALARY: $119,249.18 - $176,185.90 Annually
DEPARTMENT: Student Services
OPENING DATE: 03/13/18
CLOSING DATE: 04/16/18 11:59 PM
Under the direction of the Superintendent/President, the Vice–President, Student Services provides overall leadership in planning, organizing and directing the following Student Service programs:
- Admissions and Records
- Assessment Center
- Basic Skills Initiative
- Career Center
- District Police Department
- Financial Aid
- Integrated Plan
- International Students
- Puente Program
- Student Equity
- Student Outreach
- Student Health Services
- Student Success Support Program
- Student Support Services
- Transfer Center
The job duties of the Vice President, Student Services includes:
- Provide overall leadership in the planning, organizing, and development of all Student Services programs; assure the effective and integrated operations of Student Services programs.
- Prepare the annual budget for the student services component of the District, and control student service department and program budgets, and assist in the preparation of the district budget.
- Direct the preparation and completion of reports as required by federal, state, local laws and district regulations.
- Advise and confer with the Superintendent/President on management issues involving programs and services of the District, including issuance and/or revision of policies and procedures; participate in strategic and long-range planning for District activities and programs.
- Serve as a member of District Senior Management and when asked serve as Acting Superintendent/President in absence of the Superintendent/ President.
- Review and evaluate the performance of subordinate management staff in the exercise of their responsibilities to assure coordinated staff effort in meeting goals of the District.
- Direct, supervise and evaluate assigned academic and classified staff; direct the assignment of and direct the evaluation of all student services staff.
- Work closely with the Matriculation and Articulations Officers and Technology Services to facilitate the implementation and maintenance of a fully automated system for student tracking, registration and student advisement.
- Coordinate institutional research related to matriculation, assessment, retention, student satisfaction and performance, student follow-up and student outcomes.
- Provide direction and leadership for recruiting students, marketing, District programs and developing outreach programs to enhance cultural diversity and serve students with special needs.
- Direct the application for and management of student services grant programs.
- Direct the District's policy on student discipline and student grievance as the designee of the Superintendent/President.
- Direct and coordinate student services actions that align with the District's Strategic Plan and Guided Pathways framework.
- Maintain liaison with area high schools, colleges and universities and other organizations and agencies whose programs and services may assist in serving students or potential students.
- Participate in District-wide policy formulation committees.
- Serve as a member of the District's enrollment management work group.
- Prepare and present all governing board agenda items and materials as well as special reports pertaining to the student services division.
- Serve as Chair of the Student Council.
- Oversee student transit and transit agreements.
- Participate in and support the accreditation process.
- Participate in the formulation of collective bargaining proposals. May participate as Board's representative in negotiations.
- Interpret and enforce collective bargaining agreements.
- Perform additional managerial duties as assigned.
The minimum qualifications for position of Vice President, Student Services are:
- A Master's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Professional experience which should include teaching or non-classroom faculty experience; administrative experience in the community colleges system and/or other post-secondary education institutions; and/or business and industry.
Applicants must submit the following materials within their online job application to be considered:
- An online job application.
- Diversity Statement (included within the online application).
- Letter of interest describing how the candidate meets the qualifications.
- Unofficial copies of transcripts of all college/university work. Official transcripts required upon employment.
- Two (2) recent letters of recommendation addressing pertinent experience or equivalent competencies.
For full application instructions and position description, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cos/jobs/2015617/vice-president-student-services
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the College of the Sequoias and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency