Assistant Professor of Criminal Justice (Tenure Track)
Dominican College in Rockland County, 20 miles north of NYC, invites applications for the position of Assistant Professor of Criminal Justice commencing in Fall 2018. This is a tenure-track position. The Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice at Dominican College boasts a robust and challenging curriculum that empowers students to pursue subsequent training and rewarding careers in law enforcement, the court system and corrections. Come join a dynamic criminal justice program and make an impact on curriculum development and future initiatives within the department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach a wide range of criminal justice courses in a 4/4 course load
- Advise and mentor a diverse undergraduate student population
- Create an effective learning environment through the use of a variety of instructional methods
- Communicate with local criminal justice agencies to procure internship opportunities for students
- Serve on College-wide committees
- Advise and organize events for the Criminal Justice Club
Dominican College is a private institution with approximately 2,000 students and 400 faculty and staff. Our heritage stresses the humanistic value of a Liberal Arts education, a commitment to social justice, and a strong belief in the need for integrity and community engagement, all in the service of preparing students to reach their potential as responsible citizens who enrich the world in which we live.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, statement of teaching philosophy and three professional references by April 15, 2018 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Dominican College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com