Faculty in Interior Design
Abu Dhabi University
Abu Dhabi University has been dedicated to offering internationally benchmarked undergraduate and postgraduate programs and has become one of the region’s leading centers of academic excellence. We have a vibrant and cosmopolitan student population of more than 7,000 students from over 70 nationalities enrolled in 24 undergraduate programs and 19 postgraduate programs, including our prestigious DBA.
- Abu Dhabi University is the first and only private higher education institution in the UAE to receive international accreditation from one of the six official accreditation bodies in the USA, the Western
- Association of Schools and Colleges’ Senior College and University Commission (WASC).
- The College of Engineering has earned international accreditation from ABET for five of its engineering and IT programs. In addition, the Bachelor of Architecture is the first & only program in the UAEto receive validation for the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA), pending the final RIBA board approval.
- The College of Business Administration is within the niche ranks of only 1% of the world’s business programs that have earned international accreditation from both AACSB and EQUIS.
The College of Engineering (CoE) grew rapidly in the number of programs offered, number of faculty, and number of students. Today, the College became the largest engineering college in the country with over 2,700 students served by over 56 full-time faculty, 10 adjunct faculty, 16 full-time teaching and lab assistants, and 6 staff members.
CoE is currently inviting applications for a faculty appointment in Interior Design for Academic Year 2018-19. The appointment will be at the rank of Assistant Professor without excluding the possibility of appointing someone at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor depending on qualifications and relevant experience.
The Department of Architecture and Design seeks a faculty member with a Ph.D. in Interior Design. The Interior Design Faculty member needs to present a portfolio exhibiting his/her vision and design skills and how they can contribute to specialized courses in Interior Design. In addition to adequate computer skills the faculty member needs to have sufficient experience in teaching Interior Design Studio at different levels and practical experience. Faculty members at ADU teach 12 Credit hours each semester and are expected to contribute to research, student advising and departmental committees.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- An earned Ph.D in Interior Design from an International University.
- A record of outstanding achievement in higher education and scholarship.
- Successful university teaching experience in under graduate and graduate level relevant to the academic rank.
- Strong research record or potential for publications and research.
- Experience in working with people from different ethnic backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills, a commitment to the importance of scholarship and diversity, a spirit of entrepreneurship and an understanding of the role of the university in economic development.
- Fluency in English and familiarity with the new teaching media, visual communication and the need to equip students with the varied skills they must have to succeed in an ever-changing media environment.
Competitive tax-free compensation & benefits package.
To apply please visit: https://ldd.tbe.taleo.net/ldd03/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADU&cws=49&rid=1331
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Abu Dhabi University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com