Faculty in Civil Engineering
Abu Dhabi University
Abu Dhabi University has been dedicated to offering internationally benchmarked undergraduate and postgraduate programs and has become one of the region’s leading centers of academic excellence. We have a vibrant and cosmopolitan student population of more than 7,000 students from over 70 nationalities enrolled in 24 undergraduate programs and 19 postgraduate programs, including our prestigious DBA.
- Abu Dhabi University is the first and only private higher education institution in the UAE to receive international accreditation from one of the six official accreditation bodies in the USA, the Western
- Association of Schools and Colleges’ Senior College and University Commission (WASC).
- The College of Engineering has earned international accreditation from ABET for five of its engineering and IT programs. In addition, the Bachelor of Architecture is the first & only program in the UAEto receive validation for the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA), pending the final RIBA board approval.
- The College of Business Administration is within the niche ranks of only 1% of the world’s business programs that have earned international accreditation from both AACSB and EQUIS.
The College of Engineering (CoE) grew rapidly in the number of programs offered, number of faculty, and number of students. Today, the College has become the largest engineering college in the country with over 2,700 students served by over 56 full-time faculty, 10 adjunct faculty, 16 full-time teaching and lab assistants, and 6 staff members.
CoE is currently inviting applications for 2 faculty appointments in Civil Engineering for the Academic Year 2018-19. The Civil Engineering department is the largest in ADU with 482 students, four teaching labs and a high computational workstation laboratory. The positions are expected to be at the Assistant Professor level, although well-qualified candidates at the Associate or Full Professor rank will also be considered.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- An earned doctorate in Civil Engineering with emphasis on Structural Engineering/Mechanics, Water Resources/Environmental Engineering, or Transportation Engineering from an accredited institution of higher education. In addition, undergraduate degree in civil engineering is also required.
- A record of outstanding teaching experience at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- A record of excellent scholarship productivity.
- Certification as Professional Engineer (P.E.) is an asset.
- Professional design experience is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, commitment to excellence in scholarship, spirit of entrepreneurship, and a good understanding of the role of the university in economic development.
- Understanding of new media, visual communication, e-learning, and the need to equip students with the varied skills to succeed in their career.
- Experience in working with people from different ethnic backgrounds.
Competitive tax-free compensation & benefits package.
To apply please visit:https://ldd.tbe.taleo.net/ldd03/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADU&cws=49&rid=1328
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Abu Dhabi University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com