Faculty in Aviation
Abu Dhabi University
Abu Dhabi University has been dedicated to offering internationally benchmarked undergraduate and postgraduate programs and has become one of the region’s leading centers of academic excellence. We have a vibrant and cosmopolitan student population of more than 7,000 students from over 70 nationalities enrolled in 24 undergraduate programs and 19 postgraduate programs, including our prestigious DBA.
- Abu Dhabi University is the first and only private higher education institution in the UAE to receive international accreditation from one of the six official accreditation bodies in the USA, the Western
- Association of Schools and Colleges’ Senior College and University Commission (WASC).
- The College of Engineering has earned international accreditation from ABET for five of its engineering and IT programs. In addition, the Bachelor of Architecture is the first & only program in the UAEto receive validation for the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA), pending the final RIBA board approval.
- The College of Business Administration is within the niche ranks of only 1% of the world’s business programs that have earned international accreditation from both AACSB and EQUIS.
The College of Engineering (CoE) grew rapidly in the number of programs offered, number of faculty, and number of students. Today, the College has become the largest engineering college in the country with over 2,700 students served by over 56 full-time faculty, 10 adjunct faculty, 16 full-time teaching and lab assistants, and 6 staff members.
The Aviation Department and its team of international scientists and professionals from the aviation sector within the College of Engineering serves currently about 450 students. It is expanding its academic spectrum including a master program in Aviation Project Management and a further BSc program in Air Transport Management and also intends to deliver professional training courses to the industry. ADU also offers an MBA with a Concentration in Aviation Management. Presently the vast majority of students is in the BSc Aviation program. The program is built on the University’s strategic partnership with Etihad Airways.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Preferably an earned doctorate in Aviation, Aeronautics or a related field from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Desirable is academic specialization in operational areas and professional experience within the aviation industry e.g. an airline, airport, air traffic control service provider, manufacturer, or consultancy.
- A proven record of teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels and/or in professional training.
- Understanding of new media, visual communication, and e-learning.
- Experience in aviation program and course development.
- Strong record of publication and scholarship.
- A pilot license and flying experience is considered a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in working with people from different ethnic backgrounds.
The appointment will be at the rank of Assistant Professor without excluding the possibility of appointing someone at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor depending on qualifications and relevant experience.
Competitive tax-free compensation & benefits package
To apply please visit:https://ldd.tbe.taleo.net/ldd03/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADU&cws=49&rid=1333
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Abu Dhabi University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com