Faculty in Environmental Health & Safety
Abu Dhabi University
Abu Dhabi University has been dedicated to offering internationally benchmarked undergraduate and postgraduate programs and has become one of the region’s leading centers of academic excellence. We have a vibrant and cosmopolitan student population of more than 7,000 students from over 70 nationalities enrolled in 24 undergraduate programs and 19 postgraduate programs, including our prestigious DBA.
- Abu Dhabi University is the first and only private higher education institution in the UAE to receive international accreditation from one of the six official accreditation bodies in the USA, the Western
- Association of Schools and Colleges’ Senior College and University Commission (WASC).
- The College of Engineering has earned international accreditation from ABET for five of its engineering and IT programs. In addition, the Bachelor of Architecture is the first & only program in the UAEto receive validation for the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA), pending the final RIBA board approval.
- The College of Business Administration is within the niche ranks of only 1% of the world’s business programs that have earned international accreditation from both AACSB and EQUIS.
Building on this success, we are now looking to appoint new top-caliber faculty members and education leaders from prestigious higher education institutions.
Being the only institution across the UAE to offer the programs of Environmental Health and Safety and Public Health, the College of Arts and Sciences offers academic research, and practical courses that inspire and enhance the research and creative ability of the students. CAS is accepting applications for faculty appointments at all ranks for Fall 2018/19 in the following area: Environmental Health & Safety.
The applicant will be appointed to work in ADU Campuses across the UAE. Appointments at all levels (Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor) are available and will be decided based on qualifications and relevant experience.
Qualifications and Requirements
- An earned doctorate from an institute in a discipline within specialization from western university or internationally accredited university.
- Fluent in both Arabic and English Languages.
- Successful university teaching experience, relevant to the academic rank.
- A record of good achievement in higher education and scholarship.
- Strong research record or potential for publications and research.
- An industrial experience along with certificates in the field of Environmental Health & Safety are highly preferred.
- Experience in working with people from different ethnic backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills, a spirit of entrepreneurship and an understanding of the role of the university in economic development.
- Familiarity with the new regulations & procedures in Environmental Health & Safety.
- PhD graduates from top universities are highly encouraged to apply.
Competitive tax-free compensation & benefits package.
To apply please visit:https://ldd.tbe.taleo.net/ldd03/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADU&cws=49&rid=1346
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Abu Dhabi University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com