Director of Freshman Admissions
The Director of Freshman Admissions is responsible for the planning and execution of a comprehensive recruitment program for undergraduate freshman programs with the college’s overall strategic enrollment management plan. The successful candidate will be a proven team leader who thrives amidst a challenging recruiting admissions market.
Distinguishing Features of the Position
This is a highly specialized position requiring innovative and creative vision of undergraduate admissions. The Director of Freshman Admissions position will require knowledge best-practices in student recruitment and data-driven admissions forecasting. Employ strategic management of financial aid and financial aid leveraging practices through communication to the Admissions team. Exercise broad oversight over Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software. Collaborate with the college community on all matters concerning enrollment of first-time freshman. The director is responsible for the departmental budget and will serve on various college committees.
Examples of Duties (illustrative only)
- Plays a primary leadership role, working with enrollment management leadership in the development and implementation of a comprehensive admissions recruitment plan.
- Overall coordination of a full range of admissions activities which include freshman admissions, student ambassador program, liaison with school counseling community, travel program, staff development and training, multicultural recruiting, promotional publications, and on-campus-programs.
- Initiating and monitoring the recruitment and selection process.
- Direct supervisory responsibilities for professional staff.
- Develops admissions division policies and practices consistent with the college’s mission, in conjunction with the marketing and strategic enrollment management plan.
- Travel as required, interviewing, evaluation of student candidates, and other tasks assigned by enrollment management leadership.
- Accountable for all budgetary expenditures and the close monitoring of funds.
- Development of weekly applicant reports for administration and academic departments.
- Work closely with all department/program chairs with regards to admissions policies/standards and enrollment.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong cross-cultural, interpersonal, and writing skills necessary, including the ability to represent the College in a positive way to diverse populations.
- Experience with a CRM system (Microsoft Dynamics preferable).
- Understanding of enrollment strategy, admissions, financial aid, and market research.
- A strong commitment to the college’s mission to honor the catholic heritage and the spirit of St. Marguerite d’Youville by fostering an environment that promotes academic, social, spiritual, and professional development in programs that promote leadership and service.
Acceptable Training and Experience
A master’s or doctoral degree in higher education leadership, marketing, business, or a related field along with at least five (5) years of experience in higher education admissions is preferred.
Candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Candidates should submit a letter of interest, a resume or curriculum vitae, and contact information for three professional references to:
Director of Freshman Admissions Human Resources
631 Niagara Street
Buffalo, NY 14201
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at D’Youville College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com