Transfer Admissions Counselor
Otis College of Art and Design
Otis College of Art and Design is currently accepting applications for a Transfer Admissions Counselor. The Transfer Admissions Counselor recruits and counsels prospective transfer students from community colleges and feeder institutions. Counsels prospective students regarding transferability of courses taken elsewhere. Reviews and evaluates course work for credit evaluation to determine qualification for admission to Otis College. This position maintains comprehensive and up-to-date articulation agreements with community colleges and other feeder institutions on transferable courses. The position involves extensive travel within the United States as well as working evenings and weekends. This position reports directly to the Assistant Director of Admissions.
• Responsible for the evaluation and re-evaluation of transfer applications and the awarding of transfer credit for classes taken at accredited colleges and schools. Liases with Department Chairs and Academic Advising to approve transfer placement and the awarding of credits.
• Reviews, updates, and maintains comprehensive articulation agreements with community colleges and other key feeder institutions. Formalizes articulation agreements and oversees the maintenance of articulation data on transferable courses.
• Plans, prioritizes, and coordinates transfer outreach activities and a travel schedule under the guidance of and with supervisory input from upper management. Helps identify key feeder colleges/institutions. Updates CRM with institutions identified for outreach visits and travels to college fairs, portfolio days, and other recruitment events. Organizes and participates in on-campus counseling sessions for transfer applicants and other transfer-specific events.
• Delivers engaging and dynamic presentations at key feeder institutions and community colleges throughout the country. Exhibits a thorough knowledge of undergraduate file review practices and transfer credit policies. Responds to questions and inquiries in an expedient manner.
• Counsels prospective transfer applicants on admission policies and procedures. Communicates with prospective students via in-person interviews, by telephone, and via written communication. Counsels students on transfer pathways and course selections for their intended major.
• Serves as an information resource for the Otis College community and the general public on articulation policies and the awarding of transfer credits. Collaborates with community college counselors to assist students considering transferring to Otis College.
• Reaches out to community partners regularly and develops ongoing, positive, working relationships with administrative contacts, faculty, academic advisors, and department chairs both internally and externally to the College. Seeks opportunities to streamline and improve the transfer application review process for all stakeholders involved and with departmental resources in mind.
• Participates in and contributes to meetings, training programs, and the department’s overall operational goals. Plans and implements training programs for other Otis College Admissions Counselors on transfer file reviews. Creates transfer credit guidelines, procedures, and evaluative exercises on articulation agreements.
• Manages assigned travel arrangements independently for out-of-state and local travel. Processes timely follow-up documentation. Submits travel and expense reports regularly.
• Maintains currency on College policies affecting admissions, recruitment, financial aid, and other areas related to enrollment.
• Performs other related duties or special projects as assigned.
Interested candidates must apply via Otis’ website at https://otis.simplehire.com to be considered for the position.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Otis College of Art and Design and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com