Director, Sponsored Programs
Anne Arundel Community College
The Office of Institutional Advancement at Anne Arundel Community College seeks a dynamic Director of Sponsored Programs to expand the institution’s external funding portfolio. The Director will provide departmental leadership in pursuit of grant opportunities to support the College’s strategic plan.
The Director leads the Sponsored Programs Office in identifying new funding opportunities, facilitating application processes, and ensuring funding compliance in accordance with all applicable federal, state, local and college requirements. The Director reports to the Executive Director of Institutional Advancement and works with College Administration to ensure that resource development efforts are coordinated across departments. The Director manages a team of 2 FTE’s to achieve the outcomes in this position description.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify sources of funding. The Director searches for, identifies, and facilitates the pursuit of new funding opportunities that support strategic initiatives of the College. The Director works closely with the Executive Director of Institutional Advancement and College leadership to determine in a timely manner which resource opportunities should be pursued; this information will inform the development of an annual funding plan that aligns with the vision and needs of AACC. The Director will develop strong working relationships with funders that contribute positively to AACC’s reputation as a grantee/partner that is committed to the highest standards of excellence.
- Lead the proposal development process. Facilitate proposal development meetings with faculty/staff (goals, objectives, implementation activities, evaluation methods, time lines, project staffing, and project management) to implement programs that address institutional needs. Build consensus for projects and communicate with partners. Obtain appropriate and required approvals from College leadership.
- Develop grant proposals. Develop strategy/schedule for preparing proposals. Identify and involve stakeholders in the proposal development process. Write and edit proposals (goals, objectives, activities, evaluation methods, timelines, etc.). Develop project budgets. Route and obtain appropriate and required signatures/approvals. Submit proposals.
- Monitor post-award activity. Assist principal investigators/project managers with administering grant funded projects to ensure project goals and objectives are met in accordance with project timelines. Monitor expenditures, troubleshoot problems, and make non-routine decisions to ensure compliance with appropriate federal, state, local, and college and non-profit rules, regulations, policies and procedures. Review and authorize allowable expenditures. Work with the College’s Business & Financial Resources Office to develop subcontracts. Modify project budgets, prepare spending projections, and obtain funding agency approvals for changes in scope of work or budgets.
- Lead the Sponsored Programs Office (SPO) in a manner that continues to grow grant revenue while maintaining AACC’s commitment to excellence in complying with federal, state, local and College requirements. Participate in Institutional Advancement Directors’ Meetings to share information and collaborate when possible to maximize resource development efforts from public and private sources that benefit the College. Plan professional development activities for SPO. Foster a healthy corporate culture while maximizing productivity. Track SPO performance as part of team management and the Institutional Advancement dashboard for resource development. Work with other Institutional Advancement colleagues to identify synergies in processes for identification of College needs, fundraising education for colleagues at the College, and donor/funder stewardship.
The Director of Sponsored Programs reports to the Executive Director of Institutional Advancement. This position is overtime exempt.
- Master’s degree required.
- Minimum of five years of experience in sponsored program development required, including documented success with writing grant proposals, fiscal management and reporting, and growing a funding portfolio.
- Experience in a community college or institution of higher education with a demonstrated ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects simultaneously and exercise sound independent judgment.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations governing sponsored programs and major funding agencies such as the National Science Foundation, U.S. Department of Education, U.S. Department of Labor, Maryland State Department of Education, Maryland Higher Education Commission, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with program design and proposal conceptualization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite software and Internet search techniques.
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with faculty, staff, administrators, governmental agencies, sponsored programs personnel at other higher education institutions, and the public.
- Minimum of five years of experience managing professional staff.
- Critical reading, listening, and clarifying skills and excellent writing, editing and analytical skills.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational and problem solving skills, including the ability to anticipate needs and issues.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and with attention to accuracy, detail, and deadlines.
Hours Per Week: 40
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Information and Application Process Instructions
For more information or to apply, please visit https://aacc.hiretouch.com
Anne Arundel Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Anne Arundel Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Please apply online at: https://aacc.hiretouch.com
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...