Otis College of Art and Design
Otis College of Art and Design is currently accepting applications for an Office Manager. The Office Manager provides a variety of administrative services and assists in the management of department operations, as assigned. This position supervises clerical and/or administrative support personnel. Weekends and/or occasional evening hours may be required to meet operational needs. This position reports directly to the Assistant Chair for the Digital Media department.
- Serves as office manager. Supervises staff and/or student workers, coordinates personnel actions for department staff and/or faculty, oversees records and filing systems, controls equipment and supplies, and coordinates electronic information systems, facilities, and space planning for supervisory review and approval, as required. Examines workflows and revises processes to improve efficiency, as needed.
- Assists in developing and implementing department policies, procedures, and/or schedules. Maintains currency and tracks revisions to department policies, procedures, and schedules. May develop forms, flowcharts, systems, etc., to facilitate implementation of various procedures.
- Serves as an administrative resource for the Chair/Director/Dean and a point of contact for faculty, staff, students, and other College departments on a variety of departmental matters (i.e., faculty contracts, course evaluations, attendance rosters, personnel/payroll paperwork, absences/work schedules, degree progress, recruiting efforts, enrollment issues, course schedules, etc.)
- Reviews, analyzes, and makes recommendations to supervisor regarding requests submitted by departmental staff, faculty, or students (i.e., expenditure requests, personnel matters, facility issues, etc.)
- Monitors departmental inventory/program equipment and orders supplies. Authorizes equipment and supply expenditures within predetermined limits.
- Reviews, prioritizes, and responds to incoming calls and correspondence on behalf of supervisor. Researches requested information or takes necessary steps to address and resolve problems. Reports actions taken to supervisor.
- Acts as liaison between supervisor and his/her subordinates for communicating information, assignments, priorities, special requests. Monitors pending items and follows-up, as needed.
- Assists in budget development by gathering, analyzing, and reporting data. Provides projections and recommendations, as requested. Monitors assigned budgets and reports variances to supervisor.
- Tracks and monitors budget activity and analyzes variances. Authorizes expenditures within established limits. Prepares and submits reports. Interacts with College administrators and other financial offices to provide information, resolve problems, and reconcile accounts.
- Performs research, compiles data, organizes information, and summarizes materials for reports. Analyzes information for trends or conclusions and presents results and recommendations to supervisor.
- Plans, coordinates, and participates in department public relations functions, as assigned, which may include special events, departmental meetings, conferences, seminars, critiques, exhibitions, study abroad programs, etc. May develop and/or coordinates promotional materials. Negotiates with vendors and other suppliers for sites, facilities, catering, guest accommodations, etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelorís degree or combined experience and education as substitute for minimum education. This position requires a minimum of 3 years related work experience in office management and budget administration. Proficiency in computer software related to office and administrative work is required. Other skills required for this position include: analysis, budget control, interpretation of policies/trends, scheduling, research, time management, and training.
Individual must excel in customer service, organization, planning, communication (both written and oral), and problem identification and resolution. Korean language proficiency a plus.
Information and Application Process Instructions
Interested candidates must apply via Otisí website at https://otis.simplehire.com to be considered for the position.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the Otis College of Art and Design and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...