Administrative Assistant III
Baltimore City Community College
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
The Administrative Assistant III provides customer-oriented, high quality service to BCCC students, faculty, staff and guests of Baltimore City Community College displaying exceptional organization, professionalism, communication and attention to detail displaying a pleasant, courteous, and professional demeanor. This position works with the Foundation Accountant in maintaining accurate financial records for the BCCC Foundation, supports the awarding of scholarships to students, coordinates receipting
of contributions to the Foundation and records donor gifts with the Raisers Edge development module.
Overview of position:
An Administrative Assistant III is responsible for:
Planning and Organization
- Uses established systems (i.e. software) to organize and efficiently keep track of information, data, time and resources
- Provides quality service, information and assistance to employees, students and visitors
- Manages reception area, print/copy/fax station and conference rooms
- Performs varied office support duties including typing, faxing, photocopying, filing and mailing
- Maintains office equipment, common areas and office supplies
- Prepares outgoing mail and distributes incoming mail
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other employees, students, visitors and all members of the general public
- Listens actively and responds to inquiries or concerns in order to comprehend and assess needs, provide assistance, resolve problems and satisfy expectations
- Composes letters and memoranda for signature
- Ensures accuracy of written communications by reviewing for typographical errors, formatting and internal consistency
- Greets visitors, answers phones and responds to inquiries or directs callers and guests to appropriate staff
- Assumes ownership of service issues and works within scope of authority and appropriate guidelines and resources to meet needs and resolve problems
- Personally follows through to ensure that all problems, questions or complaints are resolved
- Addresses disgruntled customers’ problems with courtesy, tact and professionalism
- Seeks out customer input to better understand their needs and develops ideas for how to meet those needs
- Maintains and continuously develops a working knowledge of the services, operations and/or functions of the department/work unit in order to provide accurate information and assistance to the customer
- Promptly responds to requests and inquiries with accuracy and courtesy
- Suggest changes to enhance service and assists in the implementation of improvements
- Engages in ongoing professional development to remain abreast of quality service, best practices, trends, methods and principles
- Considers the impact on external or internal parties when taking action or carrying out one’s own job responsibilities
- Develops and/or implements service and process improvements
Professionalism and Quality
- Works to develop and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, customers and students
- Ensures quality, accuracy and completeness of work activities and products
- Plans activities in advance to insure that all assignments are completed in a timely and quality manner
Attention to Detail
- Checks and rechecks work for mistakes before distribution
- Follows established procedures to ensure consistency, accuracy and completeness of work products and activities
- Compares finished work to established expectations and standards
- Performs routine or repetitious tasks with care and attention
- Reviews work carefully for completeness and accuracy
Other Duties as Assigned
Employees in this classification receive supervision from the Director.
- High school diploma and three (3) years advanced clerical/administrative experience in a complex office environment.
- Experience with fundraising, development at a non-profit or college/ university preferred.
- Associate’s degree preferred.
Information and Application Process Instructions
Why Work at BCCC?
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a crossroads of diverse peoples, of learning and work, and the multiplicity of stakeholders we serve: individuals, businesses, government and educational institutions of the community at large.
Our employees enjoy a collegial environment that is both challenging and welcoming. We stay innovative as we strive to be the leader in providing quality education that responds to and meets the needs of a diverse population of learners. Students come here to change their lives through education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Applications: Please apply online.
Explore this and other current employment opportunities at BCCC by visiting the search openings listed at Baltimore City Community College jobs
When inquiring or applying for this position, please reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...