Part-Time Student Learning Center (SLC) Instructional Assistant
Otis College of Art and Design
The Student Learning Center (SLC) Instructional Assistant is responsible for the overall late afternoon and evening operations of the SLC. This is a part-time, non-exempt position with a Monday through Friday work schedule that averages 20-25 hours per week. Must be available to fill-in for Staff including the opening and closing of the SLC as necessary. This position reports to the Student Learning Center Coordinator.
- Provides one-on-one writing and study skills tutoring
- Conducts group writing and study skills workshops
- Manages and staffs the SLC with self and tutors.
- Assists with the supervision and training of tutors in one-on-one instruction, workshop instruction, workshop development, online tutoring, and online student-resource development.
- Ensures excellence in customer service for all SLC services. Assists in the handling of any related issues.
- Assists with the administrative operations of the SLC.
- Manages instructor, counselor, and/or advisor student referrals to the SLC
- Reviews and reports student at-risk notifications.
- Assists in the management of the SLC appointment system.
- Reviews tutor logs and post-session reports.
- Aids in the development and deployment of the SLC O-Space.
- Answers student general informational questions and troubleshoots hardware and software problems.
- Helps with the gathering, interpretation, and reporting of SLC operational/student data.
- Aids in the development, deployment, and management of SLC social networks.
- Engages in SLC marketing events i.e. tutoring socials.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Principles of effective written expression including spelling, punctuation, grammar, and construction.
- The reading process and reading improvement techniques and resource materials used to develop basic reading skills such as vocabulary, comprehension, and speed.
- Capabilities of computer systems, software, and hardware common to instructional laboratories.
- Provide instructional assistance to students.
- Adapt tutorial methods and course work to meet individual student needs.
- Work effectively and cooperatively with students and instructional staff.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Give clear and concise instructions.
Interested candidates must apply via Otis’ website at https://otis.simplehire.com to be considered for the position.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the Otis College of Art and Design and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com