Entrepreneurship/Business Department Chair
Howard Community College
The Entrepreneurship/Business Department Chair is a full-time, budgeted faculty who works collaboratively with the Dean, the Associate Dean, other Department Chairs, and Course Coordinators, for a 3-year appointment 12-month contract, and reports directly to the Dean of the Business Computer Systems Division. The department chair's role is to provide effective and innovative leadership to faculty that will ultimately provide students with the skills and knowledge to be future business leaders in an innovative and competitive world market. Leadership in visioning and strategic planning for the department including infusion of new ideas and advances in technology into the curriculum is a critical responsibility.
The department chair is expected to teach a minimum of 12 units per academic year, with one (1) credit hour equaling one (1) unit. In addition to teaching, faculty are expected to maintain at least five (5) office hours per week while class is in session and accept other responsibilities as described below:
Major responsibilities may include:
- Supervision of full-time faculty including those who teach business and entrepreneurship (including instruction, professional development, promotion, and advancement)
- Development and management of departmental budgets and purchasing
- Oversight of schedule building, enrollment management and curricular development (program and course)
- Implementation and tracking of core work metrics, learning outcomes assessment, accreditation standards, and student evaluations
- Facilitation of student academic complaint procedures and code of conduct violations
- Supervises the Center for Entrepreneurial and Business Excellence.
- Routine faculty responsibilities as outlined in the Faculty Job description.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Staff and adjunct faculty management and supervision
- Oversight of community-based partnerships and initiatives
- Performs all duties while considering the impact of any actions on the college's sustainability initiatives in the areas of environmental stewardship, social responsibility, and economic prosperity.
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Work Schedule: Varies with responsibilities, some evenings and weekends may be required.
Compensation: Baseline salary begins at $62,000 and is commensurate with experience; plus excellent health insurance, paid leave and tuition reimbursement
FLSA Status: Exempt from overtime
Grade: 12-month faculty
Open Until Filled
Best Consideration: March 16, 2018
Howard Community College (HCC) is an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer & values diversity within its faculty, staff & student population. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
HCC understands that persons with specific disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance with the job application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 443-518-1100. The TDD line phone # is: 443-518-4822.
- cover letter
- curriculum vitae
- statement of your teaching philosophy
- a statement describing how the infusion of technology into business impacts college curriculum
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Howard Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com