University of Missouri
The University of Missouri invites nominations and applications for the Founding Director of its newly established teaching and learning center. The Founding Director will build relationships with the campus community, acting as a leader for pedagogical excellence, innovation, and inclusiveness at the institution and advocating for the recognition and reward of teaching excellence.
Reporting to the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Studies, the Founding Director will be responsible for creating and executing the essential operations of the center, including planning, implementing, and assessing programs and events; supervision of staff; and preparation of budgets. This candidate will drive innovation and high-impact faculty education that promotes excellence in a culture committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Activities include providing orientation and instructional support for faculty and all instructors; coordinating conferences, workshops, and working groups concerning instructional methods; supporting peer mentoring and peer coaching activities; supporting faculty learning communities related to pedagogy and faculty education/development; providing career-specific programming for both new and experienced faculty; and conducting research about the scholarship of teaching and learning. The Director will work collaboratively with the center’s Steering Committee and other campus units already providing extensive teaching and curricular support.
The successful candidate for this position will have leadership experience in a university setting, a doctorate, extensive teaching experience at the college or university level, an understanding of student and adult learning, and noteworthy experience in helping to create positive improvements in teaching in a research university setting. Outstanding communication skills and a demonstrated collaborative leadership style are essential. The successful candidate will have the necessary record to be appointed as a tenured/tenure-track or non-tenure-track faculty member in a Mizzou academic unit.
In addition to the requirements noted above, the successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in faculty education/development
- Record of commitment to equity and inclusion
- Record of teaching excellence in a university setting
- Leadership and supervisory experience
- Experience in program development, data analysis, and assessment
- Excellent presentation, writing, and collaboration skills
- Experience in writing successful grant proposals
- Evidence of scholarship of teaching and learning
- Familiarity with AAU metrics
- Experience working in a post-secondary teaching center or equivalent
- Experience in a variety of course delivery methods
- Demonstrated budgetary experience
To Apply: Apply on-line at https://hrs.missouri.edu/find-a-job/academic (Job Opening ID 25687) and submit the following:
- Letter of application in which candidates describe in detail their qualifications for the position
- Statement on inclusion, diversity, and equity
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness and/or scholarship of teaching and learning
- Names and contact information for three references
The CV/Resume and Cover Letter must be uploaded in the Resume/CV and Cover Letter section. Other materials must be uploaded in the Attachments section of the application.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the University of Missouri and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com