Computer Science Professor
Closing Date/Time: 3/12/2018
Salary: $51,912.00 - $106,386.00 annually
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Stockton, CA
Department: Agriculture Science & Math
Under the general supervision and direction of the Division Dean, Agriculture, Science and Math, the primary responsibility of this position is teaching courses in the Computer Science and Computer Information Systems disciplines.
Responsibilities and Duties
Duties and responsibilities may include, but not limited to the following:
1. Teach courses in Fundamentals of Computer Science, Database Design and Implementation, Programming Concepts and Methodologies, Systems Analysis and Design, Computer Operations, Operating Systems, Computer Networking, Programming Languages, Object Oriented Programming, Data Communications, Internet, Web Page Implementation and Design, HTML, Simulation and Game Design, and software applications.
2. Assist the Division Dean in cooperating with campus and community groups to provide programs, courses, and information relevant to the needs of the students and the Computer Science program.
3. Assist the Division Dean in the preparation of required reports by providing requested information.
4. Assist in the marketing and promotion of the Computer Science program by participating in special college sponsored events and by visiting local businesses and schools.
5. Participate in the departmental process of curriculum review and modification.
6. Complete various reporting procedures as required for student evaluation, course reporting and budget development.
7. Attend various departmental, divisional and campus-wide activities and events as stipulated.
8. Participate in departmental, divisional and campus-wide committees as part of the shared-governance process.
9. Participate in divisional committees as assigned by the Division Dean.
10. Perform other necessary duties which assure the smooth functioning of the Division, as assigned by the Division Dean and as outlined in Board Policy.
- Master's degree in computer science or computer engineering OR Bachelor's in either of the above AND a Master's in mathematics, cybernetics, business administration, or engineering OR Bachelor's degree in engineering AND a Master's in cybernetics, engineering, or business administration OR the equivalent.
- Demonstrated teaching experience.
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- Experience in teaching postsecondary courses, especially at the community college level.
- Experience in working with large, medium and/or small computer systems.
- Occupational employment in computer programming or systems analysis.
- Demonstrated expertise in computer programming, structured programming techniques, object-oriented programming, and database design and implementation.
- Demonstrated expertise in at least three programming languages including those taught at this college, such as, "C", "C++", Java, Pascal, Python or Visual BASIC.
- Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Office and demonstrated knowledge of CASE tools, dataflow diagrams, and process flow diagrams.
- Demonstrated expertise in Windows, IBM, Android, iOS, Linux and Unix.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing simulation or game programs or systems.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt teaching strategies and techniques to different levels of students' ability and learning styles.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt teaching strategies and techniques to students from different cultures and ethnic groups.
- Demonstrated ability to use innovative and creative teaching techniques and equipment.
- Demonstrated leadership in developing curriculum for the changing state of computer technology and its uses.
- Demonstrated leadership, ability, and desire to stay current in the field.
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to work with business and industry in order to coordinate the educational program with the needs of the community.
- Desire and willingness to make the educational programs successful.
Information and Application Process Instructions
To apply, visit http://agency.governmentjobs.com/deltacollege/
The San Joaquin Delta Community College District provides access to its education programs and activities and makes all employment decisions without regard to national origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected category. The Districtís prohibition against sex and gender discrimination includes sexual harassment and sexual violence.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the San Joaquin Delta Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please apply online
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...