Closing Date/Time: 2/23/2018
Salary: $57,017.00 - $106,386.00 annually
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Stockton, CA
Department: Health Sciences
Under the general supervision and direction of the Division Dean of Health Sciences, perform designated duties as a Nursing Instructor. The primary responsibility is to teach 15 units per semester of nursing courses in the area of medical/surgical nursing. Additional responsibilities may include instruction in the areas of mental health, pediatric and/or obstetrical nursing.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Instruct courses in nursing to meet the educational requirements stated in the credit course outline and the Board of Registered Nursing regulations.
- Assist the Division Dean of Health Sciences in cooperating with campus and community groups to provide programs, courses, and information relevant to the needs of the students and the program.
- Assist the Division Dean Health Sciences in the preparation of required reports by providing requested information.
- Participate in the departmental process of curriculum review and modification.
- Complete various reporting procedures as required for student evaluation, course reporting and budget development.
- Attend various departmental, divisional, and campus-wide activities as stipulated.
- Participate in departmental, divisional and campus-wide committees as part of the shared-governance process.
- Participate in divisional committees as assigned by the Division Dean and/or Director of Health Sciences.
- Perform other necessary duties which assure the smooth functioning of the Health Sciences Division and Nursing Programs, as assigned by the Division Dean and as outlined in Board Policy.
- Master's in Nursing OR Nursing Education.
- Sensitivity to and demonstrated success teaching in a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic environment such as a community college.
- Meet the California Board of Registered Nursing requirements:
BOARD OF REGISTERED NURSING REQUIREMENTS
- Possession of a valid, current license as a Registered Nurse in the state of California.
- At least one year of experience within the last five years as a registered nurse providing direct patient care or clinical instruction in the area of medical/surgical nursing.
- At least one academic year of experience teaching nursing courses in pre-or post-licensure registered nursing programs or a course from an accredited college or nursing school which includes: teaching strategies, course outline and lesson plan development, practice teaching and evaluation.
- Meets the California Board of Registered Nursing definition of clinical competency.*
- Clinical experience in mental health, obstetrical or pediatric nursing.
- Expertise in teaching with technology in the classroom.
- Expertise in use of computers for teaching and management of on-line course information.
- Experience in evaluation of clinical performance of health care professionals.
- Demonstrated commitment to student learning and demonstrated commitment to promoting the success of all students in an open-access learning environment.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and ability to motivate and teach community college students of diverse ethnic backgrounds, cultures, preparation, learning styles and/or disabilities.
- Commitment to professional growth and development, to innovation and improvement of teaching, and to assuming faculty responsibilities beyond the classroom in a shared governance environment.
- Expertise in the use of computers for teaching and management of online course information. Familiarity and ability to teach in a distance learning environment.
- Ability to teach in a technologically rich environment.
- Ability to teach in a large lecture format.
- Demonstrated excellence in preparation and knowledge in the subject area.
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to work with community groups and schools in order to coordinate the educational program with the needs of the community.
- Completion of a course that includes teaching and learning principles.
* Clinical areas of competency are:
Information and Application Process Instructions
To apply, visit http://agency.governmentjobs.com/deltacollege/
The San Joaquin Delta Community College District provides access to its education programs and activities and makes all employment decisions without regard to national origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected category. The Districtís prohibition against sex and gender discrimination includes sexual harassment and sexual violence.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the San Joaquin Delta Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please apply online
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...