Director of Alumni Relations
Otis College of Art and Design
Otis College of Art and Design is currently accepting applications for a Director of Alumni Relations. The Director of Alumni Relations cultivates and maintains relationships between the College and its alumni and parents of alumni through a comprehensive Alumni Relations Program. This position develops short and long-range strategies to promote engagement, solicit prospects, and encourage philanthropic support for the College. This position reports directly to the Director of Strategic Partnerships.
- Oversees the development of a comprehensive Alumni Relations Program. Manages program and events budgets. Assists with budget planning and development by providing historical data and future projections.
- Initiates and coordinates outreach plans in collaboration with the Communications & Marketing department. Engages alumni and parents of alumni through a variety of messaging and content channels (i.e., alumni website, blogs, social media, e-blasts, surveys, newsletters, etc.) Provides personalized service and timely responses to requests from alumni and parents of alumni.
- Develops strategies for recruiting volunteers and growing participation/leadership opportunities. Creates and launches the Alumni Relations Council.
- Manages an alumni donor prospect portfolio with financial goals. Identifies, cultivates, and solicits prospects for philanthropic support for the Annual Fund and other key College fundraising efforts.
- Plans, organizes, and coordinates special events and other engagement activities for alumni and parents of alumni. Develops a calendar of events and other outreach opportunities both locally and regionally. Identifies, plans, and cultivates participation in College-related events and initiatives (e.g., Scholarship Benefit and Fashion Show, Family Weekend, Creative Economy, Commencement, Move-In Day).
- Working with Communications and Marketing Office, identifies opportunities to recognize and highlight achievements of alumni.
- Maintains effective working relationships with department chairs and faculty who stay in contact with alumni and parents of alumni. Solicits recommendations for potential alumni leaders, donors, and other individuals who may be interested in participating in engagement initiatives.
- Identifies opportunities, in partnership with Career Services, to introduce alumni to industry leaders and other emerging career opportunities. Facilitates networking opportunities for alumni and helps strengthen industry relationships with the College.
- Engages currently enrolled students in various events, activities, and other outreach efforts to initiate involvement with the Alumni Relations Program.
- Performs administrative duties associated with scheduling and coordinating meetings and planning special events. May prepare agendas, gather and organize supporting information, track expenditures, and/or oversee production and distribution of materials. May arrange with vendors for services, accommodations, and other arrangements. Attends functions to ensure plans are implemented efficiently and outcomes are satisfactory.
- Assists with alumni database integrity efforts and other prospect management records. Ensures compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and institutional guidelines.
- Oversees volunteers, staff, and/or temporary workers as required during special events. Plans and forms support and volunteer groups. Provides leadership, work guidance, and/or training. Schedules, assigns, and priorities workloads as needed. Sets appropriate deadlines. Ensures timely completion of work.
- Performs other related duties and other special projects as priorities shift and as assigned.
Bachelorís degree is required or combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education. A minimum of 3 years of related experience and a successful track record in alumni relations is required. Program planning and administration, fundraising marketing, and direct mail experience is strongly preferred. A background in education or an arts environment is desired. Individual must be able to communicate and work effectively with a diverse constituency.
Outstanding written and oral communication and presentation skills required. Effective presentation skills and a working knowledge of social medial channels are necessary. Individual must have excellent organizational, planning, and time management skills. Working knowledge of donor software, Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, is required. A valid driverís license and reliable vehicle is required for off- site meetings and events.
Information and Application Process Instructions
- Interested candidates must apply via Otis’ website at https://otis.simplehire.com to be considered for the position.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the Otis College of Art and Design and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...