Director of Student Financial Services
Otis College of Art and Design
Otis College of Art and Design is currently accepting applications for a Director of Student Financial Services. The Director of Student Financial Services leads and manages the financial aid and student accounts functions within the Otis College Financial Services division. The Director manages compliance with established federal, state, and local regulations, as well as internal policies and procedures, while maintaining confidentiality of all data. The Director provides assistance with the analysis, planning, and implementation of new processes and information systems to better meet the needs of both internal and external customers. In addition, the Director serves in a supervisory capacity with the authority to hire, train, and evaluate office staff. The Director must be able to work extended evening and weekend hours when needed. This position reports to the Vice President of Financial Services.
- Plan, organize and supervise Student Financial Services to administer federal, state, and institutional financial aid funds and services in accordance with all relevant regulations.
- Develop and administer, in conjunction with the Dean of Enrollment Management, financial aid budgets and packaging strategy, including the timeline for financial aid packaging/awards.
- Work collaboratively with other College departments to strategically leverage financial aid toward achieving targeted enrollment goals as well as coordinate with Career Services regarding student employment.
- Monitor compliance with FERPA as well as other state and local compliance agencies.
- Manages all aspects of the Financial Aid Electronic Data Exchange with the Department of Education, State reporting system and institutional Financial Aid Management system.
- Oversee the review of student account activity to ensure accurate assessment of tuition, fees and other charges as well as payments and credits towards those charges.
- Act as liaison for Student Financial Services in district, state, regional and national professional organizations.
- In concert with IT department, continually automate processes and procedures to insure data integrity and expedient delivery of information to students.
- Remain current with financial aid regulations, technological innovations, and best-practice trends in financial aid and enrollment management as well as maintaining up-to-date working knowledge of VA benefits.
- Manage the Student Financial Services operating budget.
- Manage financial counseling and meet with families and students on an as-needed basis.
- Provide counseling for parents and students regarding payment options and payment plans with authority to negotiate special arrangements. When necessary, resolves problems and questions with students or parents regarding student finances. Contacts and initiates the settling of student account balances in escalated or special situations.
- Oversee collection efforts and the handling of delinquent accounts, including account holds.
- Oversee process for producing, filing and distributing IRS 1098-Ts.
- Oversee tuition payment plans, implement collection policies, interact with outside collection agencies, and project cash inflow from the collection of receivables.
- Provide various reports and analyses in accordance with generally accepted accounting practices.
- Complete or collaborate in the completion of financial aid surveys, forms/reports, audits and responsible for recertification of the Program Participation Agreement.
- Responsible for fiscal reporting to the appropriate agencies including FISAP, IPEDS, etc.
- Provide training for staff on all technology that is used for financial aid tracking and awarding.
- Mentor and develop team of direct reports to enhance professional development and overall knowledge of student accounts and financial aid from a Strategic Enrollment Management perspective.
- Serve and encourage the involvement of staff on committees and project teams to build positive relationships internally and externally to benefit students and the College.
- Perform and supervise staff to complete standard financial aid duties such as needs analysis, verification, direct and private loan processing and satisfactory academic progress monitoring.
- Establish institution-based financial literacy offerings (workshops, resources, etc.) to better equip students and families to make sound, informed decisions on the implications of loan debt, payment plans and financing their college education, and oversee the implementation and administration of this work.
- Lead the exploration and implementation of technology solutions to streamline financial aid and student accounts processes and communication to enhance and/or improve service delivery.
- Develop and implement operational student procedures, processes and communication that enhance student navigation of the financial aid and student account processes and overall experience.
- Participate and support the enrollment management strategic direction including priorities and established outcome measures.
- Manages overall customer service outreach, coordinates outgoing messaging in collaboration with the One Stop.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree (in administration, accounting, student development or a comparable field) or equivalent education and/or work experience. Master's Degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 - 7 years of progressively responsible professional experience that includes student financial aid, accounts receivable management, student accounts, with knowledge and understanding of FERPA regulations.
- Minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible management experience preferably in an educational setting.
- In-depth knowledge of federal and state financial aid programs.
- Exceptional relationship building and customer service skills.
- Exceptional oral, verbal, and written communication skills including demonstrated ability to deal with people respectfully with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality is a must.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with students and their families from a very broad range of socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
- Superb consultative, negotiation, and facilitation skills in order to work in a consensus building culture.
- A can do team player attitude who seeks to collaborate with and at times provide expertise and leadership to various internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to multitask and to complete those tasks accurately on a timely and efficient basis.
- Strong ability to analyze data, define problems, interpret facts and make appropriate recommendations.
- Proven experience, commitment and knowledge in the use of technology to streamline processes and improve accuracy. Financial aid management and packaging applications experience required. Knowledge of SCT Banner computer system is a plus.
Information and Application Process Instructions
- Interested candidates must apply via Otis website at https://otis.simplehire.com to be considered for the position.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the Otis College of Art and Design and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...