Dean of Continuing Education and Professional Development
Miami Dade College
All applications must be submitted online at http://www.mdc.edu/jobs/
Job Opening ID: 997052
The Dean of Continuing Education and Professional Development provides administrative leadership to the College-wide School of Continuing Education and Professional Development and has a strong external focus, establishing primary connections with external entities.
The Dean is responsible for creating partnerships among non-credit workforce training, adult basic education and the Collegeís credit programs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with the Deans of the Academic Schools and Dean of General Education in creating pathways from non-credit programs in the areas of workforce training, adult basic education, GED and ESOL to the Collegeís credit programs
- Maintains the fiscal integrity of School operations including self-support and grant-funded budgets totaling approximately $18 million
- Pursues and establishes new relationships with business and industry, educational institutions, governmental agencies and potential donors that result in resource support for workforce development programs that meet the needs of current and emerging employers
- Provides leadership to ensure that programs are of high quality and responsive to rapidly changing community needs
- Serves as a College leader and primary resource for national, state and local information in matters of non-credit instruction.
All applications must be submitted online at
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Miami Dade College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com