Assistant Director of the Center for Student Diversity
Mount St. Mary's University
The Assistant Director of the Center for Student Diversity at Mount St. Mary's University is a crucial resource for the development of students of color and other underrepresented populations on campus. The Assistant Director shares the responsibilities for the daily operation of the Center for Student Diversity while providing leadership, mentorship, advisement, and programming for students. This individual provides support and guidance to ensure academic and social success while promoting cultural pluralism and dialogue on matters of intercultural development for the entire campus community. The Assistant Director works to support the initiatives created by the Director of Center for Student Diversity and the diversity goals created by University leadership.
Some of the major responsibilities include:
- Create diversity programming that builds students’ awareness and enhance their cultural competence.
- Establish programs and services to promote the success of students of color, gender and sexual minorities, women, first generation, and other underrepresented populations on campus.
- Advise the PEACE Leaders, the Center’s diversity peer educator program.
- Develop curriculum for the program; incorporate historical insight and theoretical insight on the development of racial, spiritual, sexual, and social identity.
- Provide guidance to leaders on creating innovative and engaging cultural programs
- Train leaders on facilitation, event programming, and marketing
- Create learning objectives, measurable learning outcomes, and produce evaluations to measure said outcomes.
- Collaborate with other campus entities to strengthen PEACE’s role and presence on campus.
- Assist with the professional development of student leaders by staying abreast to contemporary matters that impact the lives of marginalized people, i.e. attending conferences, current research findings, reading contemporary articles, and participating in diverse experiences on- and off-campus.
- Create academic and social requirements for leaders. Firmly adhering to the GPA protocol and student code of conduct.
- Serve as a supplement advisor for the Center’s 6 cultural affinity groups/student organizations. Work with their primary faculty advisor to ensure protocol is being followed.
- Black Student Union
- Asian Culture Club
- Student Organization of Latinos
- Allies (LGBTQ+)
- Pan Africa
- Caribbean Culture Club
- Facilitate student leadership development.
- Includes selecting training (retreat/roundtables etc.),
- Collaboration with other campus offices including, but not limited to Residence Life, Athletics, Campus Activities, Orientation, and Campus Ministry for facilitation.
- Assume responsibility for other special projects as assigned by the Director
The appointed individual will:
- Possess a Master’s degree in student development or a related field and a proven record of success in higher education diversity leadership and administration.
- Be able to work with a large constituency of students, staff, faculty, parents, and friends of the University.
- Be able to embrace in a positive, diplomatic manner complex and stressful issues.
- Possess excellent communication skills, written and verbal.Be able to work independently as well as within a team environment.
- Be able to work independently as well as within a team environment.
Information and Application Process Instructions
- To Apply: Applicants are requested to submit a résumé, references, and a cover letter to:
Mount St. Mary’s University
Department of Human Resources
Assistant Director of the Center for Student Diversity Search
16300 Old Emmitsburg Road
Emmitsburg, MD 21727
Or email resume materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is open until filled.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Mount St. Mary's University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
16300 Old Emmitsburg RD
Send your resume for this job...
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...