Dean of Health Sciences
Holyoke Community College
Under the general direction of the Vice President for Academic Affairs, responsible for the academic and administrative leadership of the Health Sciences Division, including such areas as budgeting, grant projects, program development, course scheduling, quality of curricular offerings, long-range planning, physical resources, affirmative action, faculty advising, recruitment and retention, and collaboration with external agencies, accrediting organizations, and the Program Advisory Committees. Assists in identifying and seeking opportunities in College fundraising. Assists the Vice President for Academic Affairs as requested in carrying out college-wide assignments beyond the scope of the Division.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Master's degree or higher in discipline taught in the health sciences field; administrative/supervisory experience in the capacity of manager/supervisor; strong computer skills including Word and Excel; excellent oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills; ability to work cooperatively and collegially with all segments of the college; ability to adapt to challenging situations as they arise; teaching experience; experience in designing professional development courses; knowledge and use of outcome assessment measures; ability to solve problems with fiscal resources available; experience in working with other health care professionals and the health care industry; ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Master's degree in Nursing; unrestricted Massachusetts nursing license; minimum five years of full-time clinical experience; experience in writing ACEN, BORN and other similar reports and self-studies (EX: JCERT, AVMA); experience teaching in a collegiate setting; experience in college governance; knowledge of distance learning as it pertains to education in the health sciences; experience in supervising unionized staff in an academic or clinical setting; experience in curriculum development; experience in securing and administering grants; knowledge of ACEN and MA Board of Registration requirements for RN and PN nursing programs; experience in evaluating nursing programs and recommending changes where needed; knowledge of allied health professions.
Information and Application Process Instructions
- Holyoke Community College is committed to excellence and opportunity through diversity in education and employment. Holyoke Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, maternity leave, and national origin, in its education programs or employment.
- All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. HCC is not sponsoring H1B Visa.
- Pre-Employment Background check, including Criminal History will be conducted for all positions.
Applicants interested in applying MUST submit the following documents via online: https://hcc.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=93879
- Letter of Interest (Cover Letter) - When preparing your cover letter, please refer to the minimum and preferred qualifications as pertaining to this position and, if applicable, include an equivalency statement.
- List of references with names, email addresses, & telephone numbers of three professional references
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Holyoke Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...